St Johnstone FC European Tour 17/18

Steve McQueen

Not sure what is worse! Being put out of europe by a poor Lithuanian team, or actually having qualified for 5 out of the last 6 years and being questioned by Morton and Plastic Whistle fans on being in the Europa cup first round, I can not wait to get my own back on them when any of them/ they qualify, alas I reckon I will struggle to see another 30 years so I may not get my wish,  We are pish though, we are Pish.         

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
St Johnstone must have known for a while they'd be getting European football. What's their excuse for not recruiting players in time to do this instead of relying on the likes of Chris Kane?

That squad got us to fourth last season, Scobbie and Swanson aside. Why wouldn't we expect that squad to beat a "bunch of tattie howkers"

Why didn't you beat them then?

Because we missed seven sitters over the two games. As, in reality, our strikers are pish. It's not our fault we're lulled into thinking theyre better than they are by the abysmal teams we face domestically.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Saints have become like the Motherwell side of 15-20 years ago. Organised enough to bore their way to a European place, but too shite to compete when you get there. 

This win in Rosenborg is getting further and further away.

Time to move over and give somebody like Thistle or Dundee a chance to humiliate Scottish fitba.

Yes. But those strikers were perfectly fine in the league last season, a league we're told is of a higher standard than Lithuanian teams.

Archived