St Johnstone FC European Tour 17/18

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Have the saints got any injured player for Thursday?
Swanson will be a big lost but still a good midfield like wotherspoon and Blair Alston

We welcome you to our country.

We hope you have good stay in the Scotland and see much good football, but we hope also as well not too much and the Šäįñtš can win, haha I make funny joke!

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

They've got one of your old boys playing for them sjc. Thought you might've had split loyalties,  glad to see your boyhood heros are shining through.

Don't be ridiculous Tam. My loyalities were never in doubt plus my Mum & Dad will be there. COYS! 

14 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Have the saints got any injured player for Thursday?
Swanson will be a big lost but still a good midfield like wotherspoon and Blair Alston

Steven Anderson is out injured for this one, possibly Brian Easton. So our main LB and one of our main CHs.

22 hours ago, 7-2 said:

There's no way the biggest/only jewel won't play. Given what young Brown will have forked out I expect Scougall to play every game, do a shift in the car park pre-game and help serve pies at half time. 

Don't be ridiculous. 

There's never any pies left at half time. 

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Since madvlad took all the dosh out of Lithuania footie it seems to be sinking like his submarine
At lease 2-0 for the saints on Thursday keep the sheets clean 

Stick to Glasgow football please, you may have more of a clue.

Will Tanser get a deal on the basis that Easton could break down? I dont think so. I think MOH could be our trialist for these games. Lube is already bought in anticipation.

Tanser will apparently be decided on today. Might be wrong, but he struck me as a complete panic trialist who'd get a deal solely because Easton was out and we needed someone. I think we'll let him go and look for a better option

This has the all too familiar feel of people from elsewhere predicting we should win comfortably, based purely on the fact that we've never heard of them.  They've probably not heard of us either.

They're second in their league after 16 matches, having only lost 2.  The truth is we haven't a fucking clue what they'll be like until we see them against us.

It reminds me of the build up to the alashkert game, which was winnable, but they were far from the shitey armenian farmers folk made them out to be beforehand.

Think I'd prefer it when we get to the group stages up against Arsenal, Villarreal, Lazio or Real Sociedad... at least you know what you're up against. :blink:

The thing with this game is, that we know the Scottish league is better. It has to be based upon finances and crowds alone. We know what the best Lithuanian players are like as well, they're decent in Scotland nothing more really and these guys don't play in their home league for a reason. We should win this tie, but coming off the back of pre-season with them in a winning mentality and form it'll be tricky. Nobody knows them and because of that there's a tendency to think they're shite, but I'd never heard of the Swedish team we may get in the second round and they won the league there 2 seasons ago and are still unseeded. That shows that there are a lot of dangerous unseeded teams we don't know anything about.

I hope we win, but it's not the end of the world if we don't, we'll just need to enjoy it whilst it lasts once again. Put it this way we'll get a lot less abuse losing to this team than we did for Alashkert.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Stick to Glasgow football please, you may have more of a clue.

No! st johnstone are a decent Scottish team with plenty of European experience in recent years 
They should be beaten teams from Lithuania their national sport is not football it's basketball so have a wee bit of confidence in your team.

I agree, St Johnstone are one of the better Scottish teams and the rest of Scottish football is reliant on our 'better' teams doing well in Europe to improve the reputation of our game. If we (Scottish teams) can't beat teams from Lithuania then we should be ashamed to call our national sport football.

Our national team can barely beat Lithuanias, so why are a club side expected to massive favourites?

Archived