Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Flash
1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Given the way that gate receipts are split evenly, it doesn't mean there will be any real financial incentive for United to give Falkirk any more tickets. As I've said in the United thread, I think they should and it is a joke that the club aren't trying to maximise the crowd but if it is more a psychological thing by limiting sales and giving Falkirk a side rather than an end then it isn't costing United much money.

Not exactly evenly - home team keeps 57.5% and 42.5% goes to the SPFL. Your point still stands, though.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Given the way that gate receipts are split evenly, it doesn't mean there will be any real financial incentive for United to give Falkirk any more tickets. As I've said in the United thread, I think they should and it is a joke that the club aren't trying to maximise the crowd but if it is more a psychological thing by limiting sales and giving Falkirk a side rather than an end then it isn't costing United much money.

From a club who are struggling financially, Thompson's money wisdom still lives on.

If it stays at 1500, I think the psychological idea will backfire, as you will know, Houstie loves an injustice and fans do too

7 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I've always thought clubs should give the bare minimum to the away fans if it suits them to do so.

No one cares what you think. 

Archived