Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Trump said:

As much as I've seen in recent times, inferior teams will do anything they can to get an upper hand against the superior opposition. Fair play to Dundee United for pulling all the stops out to limit our ferocious away support, we will be lucky to escape with a point at this rate.

Needs work.

Guest Back Post Misses

No chance of us giving DU 800 tickets for TFS. The 2000 NS tickets will already be in Dundee. Too fucking soft as a club.

Anyway DU have caused us few problems all season TBH. Even the game they won up there they got out of jail.

Quietly confident and our legs will be fresher than theirs. It will be the Friday game where that will tell.

Let's see where it goes. Hopefully we play to our potential. If we do we will win.

Houston's midfield selection crucial.

7 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

The home games against Utd have been our best performances of the season. If we keep it right on Tuesday I'd be confident in going through.

I'd put more on the emphasis that Utd were fukn stinking, especially the 2nd visit where they put in the most inept performance of the season at the TFS, where I questioned if they had trained without a ball for weeks.

The bit I fear is the away leg, I'm not so sure playing home the 2nd leg is an advantage, neither is giving us only 1500 tickets.

A draw away from home, should see this in the bag for us, if we get beat, hopefully the wee team from Dundee can replicate the previous visits to the TFS

7 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We have a bigger average support than you mate.

You just can't stand us and I get that. But don't slag off our support.

Imagine how big your average support would be if you had as many stands as we do.

Standwank >>>>> crowdwank

Guest Back Post Misses

How many times is McKinnon going to mention "we should have won our last 6 or 7 games"? I suppose the more often he says it the more people will believe him. Fucking imposter. That accent too ..........

Not surprised we have given them the full North stand. Police wouldn't have wanted us in beside them for a big game like this.

That said, I'd have limited them and kept the other half of the stand empty just to sod them now.

Can see our 1500 going pretty quickly.

United have done this tactically to not put us in The Shed, they don't want us having an "end".

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Imagine how big your average support would be if you had as many stands as we do.

Standwank >>>>> crowdwank

No-one has more stands than United. The grounds cobbled together on the cheap.

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No-one has more stands than United. The grounds cobbled together on the cheap.

You would think so but in fact we've probably wasted spent more money than nearly every other club in Scotland on some of our stands. The 'Eddie Thompson' East Stand for example cost £4 (yes FOUR) million pounds after we decided to use our entire Duncan Ferguson transfer fee on one stand.

As for these games, I maintain my original prediction of us being Morton but eventually losing over two legs against Falkirk. I think we will get some kind of result on Tuesday but I fear it will be a score draw rather than a win. We have been awful at Falkirk both times this season so I can see an overall 4-1 aggregate win for The Bairns after the 1-1 draw at Tannadice.

I hope Houston doesnt shite it from this absolute gang on the back if their improved form. Mark Kerrs role this season is at an end.

Lets assume there is some element of shiting it for leg 1 though because it is Houston.

Thomson
Muirhead Luca Grant Leahy
Craigen McKee Taiwo Hippo
Sibbald
Austin [emoji7]

People will bitch and moan about playing one up front but I think this is the perfect approach. No matter what happens in this game it's only half time once the game finishes. I fancy beating them on our own patch in the second leg so as long as we remain in the game I'd be happy with that.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I hope Houston doesnt shite it from this absolute gang on the back if their improved form. Mark Kerrs role this season is at an end.

Lets assume there is some element of shiting it for leg 1 though because it is Houston.

Thomson
Muirhead Luca Grant Leahy
Craigen McKee Taiwo Hippo
Sibbald
Austin emoji7.png

That's my worry too. We'll have the old taiwo and Kerr partnership back up at tannadice as Houston keeps things tight. We'll then lose another early goal and be chasing the game. Better to go for the jugular.Robson has been starting for them at left back and he's murder so I'd be tempted to start aird as craigen doesn't have the pace to take advantage of that weakness.

Archived