Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

I think Falkirk were below par but we were excellent and fully deserved to win. First half was alright and we created chances but always looked liable to conceding, although Falkirk still struggled to create anything. Put us under a lot of pressure at times though especially from corners. Second half is the best we've played away from home all season.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute scenes for both goals. Currently in ninewells waiting on an X-ray. Canna wait to invade New Douglas Park next week on crutches after Mark Durnan thundercunts a half volley in after 90 mins.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I was jealous as f**k watching the bottom left corner of the North stand (from my angle opposite) when the winner went in.

Scenes indeed.

We ended up having to stand at that bottom corner cause there were f**k all seats left, and scenes there were indeed

19 minutes ago, Eoin said:

We ended up having to stand at that bottom corner cause there were f**k all seats left, and scenes there were indeed

The seats would be there, you just couldn't be bothered to find them.

I was jealous as f**k watching the bottom left corner of the North stand (from my angle opposite) when the winner went in.

Scenes indeed.

I ended up about 20 rows in front of where i started. There was people in the stairwells that got crushed at the bottom. Absolute scenes

I ended up about 20 rows in front of where i started. There was people in the stairwells that got crushed at the bottom. Absolute scenes

Reminded me of the James McPake equaliser tbf.

Good luck in the final DU. Probably a good thing I didn't post last night as I was in a state of uncontrollable rage. Feeling very empty at the moment, all I want to do is watch Falkirk on Thursday and just couldn't see our season ending last night.

10 minutes ago, Daydream said:

d4ce801bf1eaaf1abac85a631aa2dbdc.jpg

Truly the best of times to be a Dee.

Edit: In years to come ugly children will ask their mothers "where was Dad when we snatched that draw against United?". "f**k knows" she'll say, but they'll ken. They'll ken.

Edit: In years to come ugly children will ask their mothers "where was Dad when we snatched that draw against United?". "f**k knows" she'll say, but they'll ken. They'll ken.

I was about 5 yards away from McPake at that moment and there's nowhere in the world I'd rather have been.

Delighted that you weren't bothered at all about being 2 nil up and fucking it up.

My kids are very pretty tbf.

1 minute ago, Daydream said:

I was about 5 yards away from McPake at that moment and there's nowhere in the world I'd rather have been.

Delighted that you weren't bothered at all about being 2 nil up and fucking it up.

My kids are very pretty tbf.

Each to their own, I suppose.

Mum will respond "I've no idea who your dad is, son. You were found in a box under the pool table in The Dolphin."

Good luck in the final DU. Probably a good thing I didn't post last night as I was in a state of uncontrollable rage. Feeling very empty at the moment, all I want to do is watch Falkirk on Thursday and just couldn't see our season ending last night.

Snigger

Well done to Utd. I thought we were the better team but they deserved to win it if that makes sense. I felt the roles were reversed from last season against hibs in the playoff. I felt very uncomfortable only at 1-0 as I knew how football can quickly turn as we did last last season. This time we were on the receiving end and it was gut wrenching. Houstons subs made no impact whatsoever, and never changed our style of play when we needed to as Utd upped their tempo. This was down to Murray I believe, when you see a young lad putting in 110% it surely must encourage you to up your own game which is what Utd done. Hope Utd go on to win it now. I'd say we have to be looking to win this league next season but major factors will need to be addressed with recruitment and keeping our better players before this can be any sort of reality. One can only hope.

Just indulged in some gentle masochism and watched back the highlights.  I hadn't appreciated just how preventable that first goal was.  It looks like Muirhead tried to tackle with the wrong foot.

From the Falkirk TV angles I'm not convinced it is a foul for the winner, and certainly I wouldn't have been complaining if it were at the other end.

The other standout is, for all the pressure we had in phases of the game, the United keeper didn't have a save to make.

bah

Archived