Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe swapping aero and watson though

Next year I'd be happy to go with Grant and one of Watson/Gasparotto with Muirhead as the back up centre back/right back. Get Kidd punted and bring in a new right back. Saves a wage and doesn't weaken us at all.

2 minutes ago, Fungi said:

Woke up by the orange walk this morning. Was raging, then I remembered - Dundee Utd are orange. Legends

i really doubt they would want to be associated with that tbh

31 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ha, that explains it. The Hibs intelligencia on here love posting pictures. I think it's the words they have problems with. Got something to do with being brought up on the east side of Edinburgh I guess.

image.png

In the cold light of day,

I'm still estatically enthused about the fact you tinky degenerates will be there to take 4 beatings off next year's league winners next year Dunfermline 'Kings of Fife' Athletic.

The only decent performance in that half finished tin shack ()assembled in a blast-zone this year will be Madness in August.

1 hour ago, deano25ffc said:

Anyone else more depressed about going to that shite hole capilow next season twice . That's what hurts the most

There's not many of you that come through anyway. :whistle

The saltiness of your tears compliments the deep bitterness of your post. :thumsup2

Guest Back Post Misses

Next year I'd be happy to go with Grant and one of Watson/Gasparotto with Muirhead as the back up centre back/right back. Get Kidd punted and bring in a new right back. Saves a wage and doesn't weaken us at all.

For me we need three players of a better quality through the spine of the team.

Cross roads for the club. MSG meeting and Board meeting this Thursday to thrash out the plan I believe.

Three choices
1. Give Houston the extra money they have in reserve from the cup final year to get us up
2. Give that to someone else
3. Give a new guy the same cash as Houston to see if he can get us up

The option of similar budget for Houston is a no no for me as he has had 3 attempts at it now and failed.

Luca looked to be carrying a bit of timber last night but not sure if it's just his posture and how slow he is. Watson/Grant/Muirhead are my favoured 2 out of 3 CB partnership for next season and a decent RB to relieve Muirhead of those duties playing out of position week in, week out.

Spot on. Muirhead is a centre-half, end of. Luca isn't good enough, far too error prone. Those 3 in rotation would solid.

4 minutes ago, Tetragrammaton said:

There's not many of you that come through anyway. :whistle

The saltiness of your tears compliments the deep bitterness of your post. :thumsup2

2 minutes ago, deano25ffc said:

I'll be there . Don't blame most people not going cause it's a shitehole. c8cdc9cbe76572d0558d4c12ef2ae800.jpg

Aww!

images (2).jpg

Got home too late last night for any comment on the game. I've also been standing in the rain for an hour and a half to get a ticket for Thursday.

Looking back on last night it was one of those unbelievable half hours of football that certainly stand up against some of the most memorable United moments for me. I still think over the two games Falkirk were the better team overall and I was astonished that in the second half last night they seemed to disappear completely. We found an incredible energy from nowhere with Simon Murray getting through an unbelievable amount of work. I thought that tactically we were all over the shop for 60 minutes and I was definitely cursing the performances of 7 or 8 of our players (all is forgiven now!)

I'll echo the general theme of this thread and say that I've thoroughly enjoyed the last two games and I've also enjoyed all the discussions with the Falkirk posters who are a good bunch. I do worry about next season for you though, only because I wonder if this might be a watershed season where the squad might get pulled apart a little and maybe Houston runs out of steam after a few attempts at promotion. In saying that though the setup at Falkirk is great and it is one that regardless of who is in the division next year you will still be challenging quite comfortably. I admire a lot of what Falkirk do, in particular with the local community.

As for us, of course I would love to win the final but in a strange way the two legs against Falkirk seemed like the big one for me. I'm only saying that because if we do lose against ICT/Hamilton then we've at least had enough of a go at it that I think most fans wouldn't be too devastated for another crack at the Championship title next season.

Finally, despite being pretty poor last night I still have love for Wato "what ya gonna do" Kuate. His celebrations at the end were hilarious.

Archived