Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I`m not convinced about that. Time will tell.

Me neither, I remember a lot of posters saying the same last year with Falkirk vs Killie, myself included.

Best not to get carried away. Although tonight was some performance by United.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morton finished the season atrociously and I therefore really thought we had little or no chance of doing anything in the play offs. We gave it a go and did OK in the first leg against Utd, then had an OK 1st half in the 2nd leg, then it was good night!
I think the reason that a 'few' Morton fans took some joy at your defeat to Utd was perhaps the cockiness shown by 'some' Bairns fans prior to the play offs? Let's face it, none of the play off teams looked that great (admittedly we were on the worse run of form by far) but some Bairns fans seemed to think they had the playoffs done and dusted before a ball was kicked.
Good luck to Utd, it won't be easy against whoever finishes 2nd bottom of the SPL but they are definitely in with a shout.

Can't say I really saw that from most Bairns fans but perhaps worth flicking back through the thread. Nevertheless we had just finished second and have a decent squad of players who would be fresh from avoiding third. So nothing wrong with having a bit of confidence and a good feeling.

The downside of course is that there are no excuses for failing. So it's credit to United and I really hope they go up and finish above the cocky Hibs trolls next season.

Certainly they have looked a better side than Hibs over the last few games.

Me neither, I remember a lot of posters saying the same last year with Falkirk vs Killie, myself included.

To be fair, if there was ever any doubt that we bottled it last year, it was confirmed tonight.

The bottom of the Premiership is nothing special and I would expect United to progress.

If united go up it'll be down to an atrocious performance by the descending team, and nothing else. They've been dire to watch all season, and that hasn't change in the last 4 matches. They've somehow managed to shite their way to a playoff final but I can't see them maintaining their luck against a (poor, albeit) premiership side.

6 hours ago, Tetragrammaton said:

I see you're hurting. Get over it!

images (2).jpg

Nope, tiredness as I told you, hence waking up now.

Annoyed at our performance, the consolation now is Morton fans screaming for relevance

6 hours ago, SuperTon said:

:lol::lol:

5 games and counting since the "mighty bairns" beat Morton, see you next season for some more easy points.

a7efe0ddf1d60f6d4b37f3f35a8f0850.jpg

The relevance of that is ?

The above stat surely can't make Morton supporters feel great, then no wins in 11, kinda points to luck running out.

Steven Pressley in the top league couldn't match the 11 games without a win, nor in this league, no matter how he tried.

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Don't quite get the criticism of Taiwo tonight. He was brought on because we were losing the midfield battle before that. McKee was not having a great game.

No qualms with his tackling but we were lacking creativity, stuck out like a sore thumb when were pushed into attacking out of necessity at the end.

For Houston to say we improved after the subs in that Leahy and Sibbs were feeling the benefit was absurd. Taiwo didn't help their play, nor did Bob McHugh.

5 hours ago, virginton said:

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably 

1495229944381.jpg.92422c13927ee3f8fde07c6a08ee129c.jpg

Nope, annoyed and was tired.

Enjoying the Morton train of look at me on the thread. It's like watching a you've been framed section where kids hurt themselves repeatedly, due to lack of learning skills.

The relevance of polluting this thread is like trying to justify the signings of Nacho Novo and Gary O'Connor on your trip back to the seaside leagues, it has to be mentioned that in that season, you didn't match or better no wins in 11. A feat only bettered by Raith and Ayr this season.

Keep the deflecting coming, it's helping me deflect this pish weather I've come back to.... 

Hope Utd go and win the final. Deserved it last night and wanted it more! Mckinnons team talk at H/T must have been inspiring because they came out fired up where we came out lethargic and clueless. Didn't agree with Houstons subs either, baffling. This pish about us being favourites next season doesn't wash with me either. Loads of changes in the summer in our squad, a few will be gone and other teams will strengthen.

On what I've seen the last two games home and away Simon Murray is too good for the championship. Not sure Utd could keep hold of him if they don't go up. Ran our defenders ragged last night. You could see the fear whenever he got the ball. Ran down channels, was everywhere!! Even chased his own flick on at one point.

I hope Falkirk fans wake up firstly feeling a surge of seethe that they have yet again bottled it at the final hurdle before they move on to feeling worthless. Humiliated and worthless. After 3 years you've constantly been slammed back in your small time place when it really matters. We wanted Falkirk tears, We got Falkirk tears. It was glorious. Beautiful. Magical.

The joys of being a football fan. Over the two legs I've experienced every emotion but sadly it's United who advance into the final. Felt we set up correctly in the 1st half and looked the slightly better team who were good value for our 1-0 lead. McKee was fantastic again so I can only presume he picked up a knock to be subbed.

Houston lost us the game tonight, imo. The substitutions and tactics changed in the second half were atrocious. We suddenly looked like we had zero shape or game plan. Punting high balls to Edge/Durnan is playing it to their strengths, especially without Miller on the park. The only attacking move that was consistently paying off was Leahy and Sibbald ripping Dillon a new one but he decided to change it up with Hippo. I've still to watch the United goals back but was sitting in the SS so can't really comment on Muirhead's f**k up. 1 shot on target in a game of such importance is embarrassing.

I've been quite consistent with my feelings towards Houstie, I've enjoyed his time as a manager but for me he has to go. We are going absolutely nowhere and I have very little trust in him to overhaul a squad that is badly needing it. First signing for next season was Scott Shepherd FFS.

All the best to United in the final. Your second half performance was outstanding for a team that had played 2 extra games. Murray played like a cheetah on speed, excellent performance. I'll certainly be cheering you on against Hamilton/Inverness. 

I hope Falkirk fans wake up firstly feeling a surge of seethe that they have yet again bottled it at the final hurdle before they move on to feeling worthless. Humiliated and worthless. After 3 years you've constantly been slammed back in your small time place when it really matters. We wanted Falkirk tears, We got Falkirk tears. It was glorious. Beautiful. Magical.

Wasn't really the final hurdle tho was it?! I'll tell you something tho.....Falkirk will get promoted back to the big time long before it took the Hibs to win the big cup again!
Remind me how that song of yours went again .....2 in a row, here we......?! [emoji23]

Archived