Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was fucking tremendous. Great second half performance, Murray was outstanding and Dixon is a vast improvement on Robson. Far too often this season United have looked gutless but tonight there seemed to be a different mentality and we actually looked up for the challenge.

41 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

It wasn't substitutions which cost you. You had the benefit of a rest and a much bigger squad but still weren't up to it. It wasn't the subs.

The subs meant we sat back and invited you onto us which cost us on the end.

I'm not arguing. You wanted it more and deserved it.

Phew, i had to double check the thread title. After reading the comments, i thought it was Real Madrid we have in the play offs judging by some of the posts. Thank f**k its only Falkirk

As true now as it always was. Perennial bottle merchants

5aae036382c27feff226d1ce94acafd7.gif

44 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

It wasn't substitutions which cost you. You had the benefit of a rest and a much bigger squad but still weren't up to it. It wasn't the subs.

I`m a bit weary of the "tired team" argument, While accepting that Falkirk had a break in advance of this tie in terms of the ultimate aim of getting promotion United will have no excuse given Hamilton and ICT have big games to play tomorrow so neither of them will be "rested",

Thought that Falkirk tired in the 2nd half.Was it not supposed to be the other way round.Really missed Grant at the back.I just hope Queens never sign Muirhead what a poor defender what was he doing for the 1st goal.Was a foul for the 2nd goal but U.T.D. had a good goal disallowed so works itself out.

Actually the irony of this is that it looked like Dundee U were beginning to tire just before Murray popped up. After that United were right up for it and deserved the win.

Genuinely I don't think we can argue that we did not bottle it tonight. We had control of this game for 60 mins or so then backed off and let United into it.

I thought Kerr and Leahy had a great first half but Simon Murray has been our undoing.

Dundee United will breeze through the play off final ...although their fans on hear won't say it.

Awful lot of Hibs fans with nothing to do with their time tonight.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Actually the irony of this is that it looked like Dundee U were beginning to tire just before Murray popped up. After that United were right up for it and deserved the win.

Genuinely I don't think we can argue that we did not bottle it tonight. We had control of this game for 60 mins or so then backed off and let United into it.

You certainly did not shite the bed and both legs have been excellent.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I thought Kerr and Leah had a great first half but Simon Murray has been our undoing.

Dundee United will breeze through the play off final ...although their fans on hear won't say it.

Awful lot of Hins fans with nothing to do width their time tonight.

I`m not convinced about that. Time will tell.

Archived