Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd much rather play Hamilton that Inverness.

They do have that plastic pitch but Caley would be on an unbelievable high after escaping what looked like a hopeless situation a few weeks ago.

They also have a home stand behind the goal they would no doubt sell out

Of course, we have go get past United first :lol:

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'd much rather play Hamilton that Inverness.

They do have that plastic pitch but Caley would be on an unbelievable high after escaping what looked like a hopeless situation a few weeks ago.

They also have a home stand behind the goal they would no doubt sell out

Of course, we have go get past United first :lol:

Sell out a stand. ICT are you havin a laugh? They could only muster 2000 odd for the crunch game against the Accies. I actually reckon they have better players than Hamilton but their managers a total tool. I reckon whoever wins on friday will much prefer Hamilton than the highland league crew.

We played well last night but we are a poor team.  

If we manage to leapfrog Accies (doubtful) then I would favour either Falkirk or United to win out in the play-off.  We are always likely to chuck in a goal and aren't dangerous going forward.

9 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I thought the P&B staple was the league table doesn't lie yet hear we have folk saying Caley are better than Accies?

So which is it? 

I did say better players. Its the leprechaun look-a-like managing them that's hopeless.

That's fair I guess but the set up rewards failure not success in that the 2nd bottom of the Premiership should not be getting all the advantages.

Interestingly however this is the first season when 2nd bottom in the Premiership is not decided yet so they can't rest up from now.

I guess the argument is whether they really are? They play 38 league games to our 36 and are playing whist the play off semi finals are in progress.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I did say better players. Its the leprechaun look-a-like managing them that's hopeless.

I don't disagree that Inverness are better than Hamilton. It's people that say the table doesn't lie I have an issue wi.

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I guess the argument is whether they really are? They play 38 league games to our 36 and are playing whist the play off semi finals are in progress.

Last season Killie were confirmed second bottom early doors so played their reserves for the last few games of the season.

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The big thing for me is we play a maximum 5 games in May with large breaks between some games.

Hamilton (the current 11th team) play 6 games in May and they come thick and fast.

51 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That's fair I guess but the set up rewards failure not success in that the 2nd bottom of the Premiership should not be getting all the advantages.

Interestingly however this is the first season when 2nd bottom in the Premiership is not decided yet so they can't rest up from now.

Aye, we played Killie on the last day of last season when they were already confirmed in 11th (and we were already down, of course), and they stuck out a reserve side that day. The extra rest probably didn't hurt them, put it that way.

I'd be a lot more worried about playing Inverness than Hamilton in a playoff. Not so much because of the relative strength of the teams, but more because I imagine Inverness will be delighted at having a second chance after looking doomed for so long.

Also, if we played them, Billy Mckay would be guaranteed to score the goal to relegate us. Fate.

Archived