• Created
  • Last Reply
Elvis Costello's first draft. 

Love this song with the cheesy lyrics

They call her Natasha but she looks like Elsie, I don't want to go to Chelsea

Sums it up really[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

15 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Might just have been whooshed

Aye ???? Fucking wee welt trying to whoosh me, here was me thinking that Falkirk having only 3 stands has never been brought up before and he was genuinely asking about the 'east stand'

Beginning to look forward to the game tomorrow, as I felt, like the players looked, fatigued with football on Tuesday, but the result keeps the match finely balanced. 

Maybe the half dozen or so more games United have played will have a negative effect on the players, but should it, over the season? 

Any team selection which keeps Dillon on the sidelines will do for me, unless he's replaced in a different formation by Donaldson. We're still suffering from the McNamara years, unfortunately. Donaldson still there next year as well.

In some ways United fans probably expect not to go up, and would have told you this at the start of the season, so the present situation might be seen as a bonus. On the other hand, I feel Falkirk have to do it this year as they'll have had a few cracks at the play offs, and that won't go on indefinitely.

16 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Hibernian username and posts like 1 of their fans to boot.

Why do Utd fans keep going on about not expecting to get up like a fucking manifesto?

Because we don't expect that United will go up. This isn't that complicated.

31 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I feel Falkirk have to do it this year as they'll have had a few cracks at the play offs, and that won't go on indefinitely.

With all the larger clubs like The Rangers, Hearts and Hibs now out of the Championship I reckon, if we fail in the playoffs, we will aim to win the league next season. Back to 10 diddy teams so a lot to play for next season regardless.

Guest Back Post Misses
Beginning to look forward to the game tomorrow, as I felt, like the players looked, fatigued with football on Tuesday, but the result keeps the match finely balanced. 
Maybe the half dozen or so more games United have played will have a negative effect on the players, but should it, over the season? 
Any team selection which keeps Dillon on the sidelines will do for me, unless he's replaced in a different formation by Donaldson. We're still suffering from the McNamara years, unfortunately. Donaldson still there next year as well.
In some ways United fans probably expect not to go up, and would have told you this at the start of the season, so the present situation might be seen as a bonus. On the other hand, I feel Falkirk have to do it this year as they'll have had a few cracks at the play offs, and that won't go on indefinitely.

Is it not because this will be your 5th high intensity game you will play in 13 days that will be the problem. The play off set up need looking at even if we are fortunate enough to go up. They should be at least he same as the other SPFL play offs but they should go further and have a one off centre piece final in all 3 leagues.

Hold them somewhere like Tynecastle or Easter Road over a couple of weekends.

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Is it not because this will be your 5th high intensity game you will play in 13 days that will be the problem. The play off set up need looking at even if we are fortunate enough to go up. They should be at least he same as the other SPFL play offs but they should go further and have a one off centre piece final in all 3 leagues.

I wouldn't disagree with you regarding the organisation of the play offs. Nor with the recent schedule of matches. Friday could be a game too far, for United. But it's football, you never know.

I know loads of Dundee United fans.

Every one a good c**t 

I'd like to see them up as soon as possible

In the interest of fairness though...the stewards at Tannadice are amongst the worst in Scotland and that Fair Play stand is absolutely rank 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I don't have a problem with the current set up in the sense that it should be more difficult for the teams in 3rd and 4th to go up than it is for the team in 2nd. It's not an ideal situation for us, but Falkirk have earned the right to have a slightly easier route up by finishing ahead of us.

A one off final would be great though.

Guest Back Post Misses
I don't have a problem with the current set up in the sense that it should be more difficult for the teams in 3rd and 4th to go up than it is for the team in 2nd. It's not an ideal situation for us, but Falkirk have earned the right to have a slightly easier route up by finishing ahead of us.

A one off final would be great though.

That's fair I guess but the set up rewards failure not success in that the 2nd bottom of the Premiership should not be getting all the advantages.

Interestingly however this is the first season when 2nd bottom in the Premiership is not decided yet so they can't rest up from now.

Archived