Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Fungi said:

Yous gonna have a paddling pool in the corner for this one?

Nope, but our innovative marketing department do have another competition coming up which will result in the winners watching the match from an unusual location. In the past we've had folk watching from the cabs of lorries, antique cars and of course the hot tub.

It'll bring in more money to the club, make us more attractive to sponsors, give us publicity that we may not otherwise have had.......

...... and some of our fans will whine about it.

It does as mental fatigue couple with physical fatigue will certainly help us or Utd in the final.
On the other hand ICT have been doomed for a while so if they make play-off they will potentially be on a mini high.

The only mental fatigue if Falkirk make the final will be their own players awareness as the game progresses that, as a club and a group of players, they continually bottle big games.

0cb618cc5bdb94e906e46ba3580c464e.jpg

52 minutes ago, Fungi said:

Yous gonna have a paddling pool in the corner for this one?

No but we might have a 20m swimming pool complete with 1 and 3m springboards to allow our players to impress the crowd with their diving skills both on and off the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

No but we might have a 20m swimming pool complete with 1 and 3m springboards to allow our players to impress the crowd with their diving skills both on and off the pitch.

Just give the trophy to Hippo now...

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Nope, but our innovative marketing department do have another competition coming up which will result in the winners watching the match from an unusual location. In the past we've had folk watching from the cabs of lorries, antique cars and of course the hot tub.

It'll bring in more money to the club, make us more attractive to sponsors, give us publicity that we may not otherwise have had.......

...... and some of our fans will whine about it.

I have no issue with the increase in cash but it does leave us open to a bit of ridicule unfortunately.

One thing that cant be disputed is the general poor way clubs market the product for TV. If ever a great game of football, that it was last night, didnt need an empty stand behind a goal it was last night. I am amazed the TV companies dont have a word, they seem to be able to piss off supporters by changing KO times, just not clubs it seems. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Both teams ARE dire mate, good game or not.

Maybe but at least we have a club that is not torn asunder.

A decent support would have got shot of their charlatan Chairman by now.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If ever a great game of football, that it was last night, didnt need an empty stand behind a goal it was last night.

Agree with that, looked brutal on TV. Ball boy running up the stairs to retrieve the ball etc, absolute pish.

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I presume you didn't hear it due to the loudness of the Falkirk hordes in the away end but yes, it was one of uniteds two songs of the whole night. Glory Glory third place in the second tier.

two songs? Still one more than you ROFL x

In all serious, it was a great feeling watching a play off game with no pressure on ourselves for a change. Great game, full of heart and endeavour. Thought Dundee united edged it in the first half then Falkirk were the better side in the second. Falkirks first goal was an excellent finish, think bell should've been doing better at the freekick though. Got to think Falkirk will be strong favourites at home for the second leg, I think they'll win 3-1. They'll fancy there chances against a Hamilton side devoid of confidence and quality. Might be the year they finally come up, obviously I hope not but it looks more likely than last season.

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

One thing that cant be disputed is the general poor way clubs market the product for TV. If ever a great game of football, that it was last night, didnt need an empty stand behind a goal it was last night. I am amazed the TV companies dont have a word, they seem to be able to piss off supporters by changing KO times, just not clubs it seems. 

I think it depends on both the construction of the ground and how media-savvy the host club is. Although we get stick for having a three sided stadium, it means that the TV companies can set up their towers on the far side of the ground. It'll probably look brilliant on Friday because the cameras will be pointing at the three packed-out stands and nobody at home will see the wastelands behind the TV gantries.

I've been to poorly attended Challenge Cup Finals (Livvy V Alloa springs to mind) where the local media rep insisted that all the press sit on the deserted side of the ground so that our pictures would show a backdrop of fans. Nice idea, except that if a goal was scored the players would run to the fans and all we would get would be shots of the back of their heads from the other side of the park. The media guy was quite insistent and was bluntly told to go fornicate himself. 

1 minute ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

In all serious, it was a great feeling watching a play off game with no pressure on ourselves for a change. Great game, full of heart and endeavour. Thought Dundee united edged it in the first half then Falkirk were the better side in the second. Falkirks first goal was an excellent finish, think bell should've been doing better at the freekick though. Got to think Falkirk will be strong favourites at home for the second leg, I think they'll win 3-1. They'll fancy there chances against a Hamilton side devoid of confidence and quality. Might be the year they finally come up, obviously I hope not but it looks more likely than last season.

Why do you hope not?

Archived