Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the United support were very poor in terms of atmosphere for what was at stake last night. What the f'k is your choice of music all about as well? Love is in the air to get the teams and fans pumped up? 

Tannadice has been poor for atmosphere for a couple of years now, this season has been particularly bad. It got a bit better after each of our goals but overall it was too quiet (at the start in particular). I think home fans can maybe be a bit anxious in these types of games.

Seen a mention of Kuate's defending at set pieces. He is one of those guys that despite being an absolute unit he is piss poor with the ball in the air. The pace of the game caught him out big time last night and he was rightly hooked. Not sure what McKinnon has planned for Friday for the middle of the park (I think we will revert to a 4231 to start the game)

I thought the United support were very poor in terms of atmosphere for what was at stake last night. What the f'k is your choice of music all about as well? Love is in the air to get the teams and fans pumped up? 

Some bounce for Made of Stone but

Think Utd can take some encouragement from last night. Best Falkirk have played all season and they couldn't beat us can they reach the same levels on Friday? If not we have a great chance we will be just as bad as last night but proved we can score against them without playing well.

Only 7000 odd at the game well worth making it all ticket. :lol:. Thought we were excellent last night. Lost a couple of sloppy goals although both were very good finishes. DU's main avenue of attack was punting the ball to Mikkelson who was stuck out wide on Leahy . Worked for the first goal but that was about it. Craigen in a more central role was excellent and McKee showed what a player he can be if he stays fit. Only disappointment was Sibbald who after starting off the first equaliser did absolutely hee haw else for the rest of the match. Was impressed by the two youngsters Spittal and Murray for United but that was about it. Sean Dillon looked like he'd been plucked out the crowd and told to get stripped. Will be interesting to see how we set up on Friday. Not sure whether Kerr will have the legs to play another game in quick succession and Sibbald wide left isnt realy going to test Dillons obvious vulnerabilities. Happy with a 2-2 draw but a wee bit disappointed we didnt go for the throat and fling Hippo on instead of Taiwo.

Only 4 away wins all season for United should make us strong favourites and hopefully we should have enough to get us over the line. 

8 minutes ago, Dens83 said:

Think Utd can take some encouragement from last night. Best Falkirk have played all season and they couldn't beat us can they reach the same levels on Friday? If not we have a great chance we will be just as bad as last night but proved we can score against them without playing well.

Whilst we played well, it was also the best Dundee United had been against us all season. 

Guest Back Post Misses

It is certainly not the best we have played all season. That was the 3-0 reeming we gave you at TFS in February followed by the gubbing we gave Dunfermline the week prior to it.

I would probably say we played better at Easter Road twice this season (certainly defensively) than last night.

On the other hand it is the best I have seen Utd in 5 games against us.

The overriding factor for me however it how shattered Utd looked especially in the last 20 minutes. Add to that a smaller squad than us and three or four injuries picked up last night you are going to have to catch us on an real off night now IMO. However we have thrown in the odd howler TBF this season notably a 4-2 home loss the Raith in October.

11 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Sibbald faded badly in the second half, I'll assume he picked up a knock but I was looking for more from him tonight. 

He definitely wasn't at the races but never played poorly, maybe by his standards he was though. I assumed Houston took him off as a precaution because he picked up a booking and got away with one as well when he punched the ball away. Perhaps getting frustrated himself that he wasn't as influential as he'd like to have been.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nah he had a poor game but can't blame him for that. People were falling about all night.

Can't agree I'm afraid. He makes no attempt to retrieve the ball after losing it, jogs casually back up the park failing to mark a Falkirk player, stands a good few yards off the player crossing the ball then to top it off makes a quarter-arsed attempt to stop the cross. 

Hopefully he plays again on Friday night because he's utter gash.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Didn't watch the game but both teams are dire.

It was a terrific game.

Both teams ARE dire mate, good game or not.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That fair play stand is mental. Through the turnstile directly into the queue for pies and 1500 folk trying to get out what is basically a series of normal house sized doors. Very strange set up.

Especially when it's the newest part of the ground, I like Tannadice but the away sections are strange if you don't know where you're going. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Ahem....

That was before the game m8. As soon as the game started there was absolutely no vocal backing from the Falkirk supporters. As I said earlier in the week, that may be down to the fact you only have one song.

Bell

Dillon[emoji22] Edge Durnan Dixon

Flood

Fraser Andreu Spittal

Murray Mikkelson

Andreu needs to play central to get the best out of him. Bring fraser back in to get some quality on the ball. Dillon will have to play cause other 3 RB options are injured....

I thought the atmosphere in the away end was excellent last night. We certainly backed the side from start to finish. 

Have DU not got a spare traffic cone they could get stripped and stick at right back.? Bound to be better than Dillon.

14 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

That was before the game m8. As soon as the game started there was absolutely no vocal backing from the Falkirk supporters. As I said earlier in the week, that may be down to the fact you only have one song.

I watched the game on tv and I can confirm that you're a silly sasij

56 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The overriding factor for me however it how shattered Utd looked especially in the last 20 minutes. Add to that a smaller squad than us and three or four injuries picked up last night you are going to have to catch us on an real off night now IMO. However we have thrown in the odd howler TBF this season notably a 4-2 home loss the Raith in October.

Aside from Hibs, we've only lost two home games all season; the aforementioned shocker against Raith and the smash and grab from Morton in March. Whilst there have been disappointing displays that have resulted in too many draws, we do score a decent amount of goals (1.72 average per game) and have only failed to score once at home all season. If we can tighten up the defence slightly, I'm confident we'll do the business on Friday.

Archived