Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Is it true Bobby Madden is the ref tonight? Still getting early season flashbacks to the 3 pens he awarded st Johnstone in 20 mins

Yeah but these things even themselves out, right?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

I think we need at least a two goal lead to take to the Still-in-Construction Stadium on Friday, if we're gonna get through

We will need a win tonight, but after managing 90 minutes of decent stuff across 2 legs against Morton, Im slightly more optimistic than I was we can get a result tonight.  

1 minute ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

Does anyone know how I can get a ticket for this game or is there a PATG option. If all tickets are sold and there isn't a PATG option does anyone know if the game will be shown on TV

There's tickets available up until kick off for home fans in the George Fox and Jerry Kerr. There won't be a great crowd in the Jerry Kerr so I'm sure you could slink in there. Falkirk tickets are still on sale, in Falkirk. Game's on BT Sport.

11 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

I think we need at least a two goal lead to take to the Still-in-Construction Stadium on Friday, if we're gonna get through

Hey look...a new name for pylon park.

46 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I cannot think of one occasion this season where we've been given a penalty which wasn't a complete stonewaller.

Particularly the recent one at East End Park. That was the most blatant, stick-on certainty of a penalty I've seen in nearly 40 years of watching Falkirk. :thumsup2

As much as i would love to see us go and attack from the off, Houston will do his usual set up not to get beat tactic and hope we get a narrow win or draw. I'd love us to go there and come away with a resounding win and make the second leg a formality but it wont happen. 1-1 

43 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

As much as i would love to see us go and attack from the off, Houston will do his usual set up not to get beat tactic and hope we get a narrow win or draw. I'd love us to go there and come away with a resounding win and make the second leg a formality but it wont happen. 1-1 

Yip, this 100% it's not going to be pretty.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Particularly the recent one at East End Park. That was the most blatant, stick-on certainty of a penalty I've seen in nearly 40 years of watching Falkirk. :thumsup2

It was quite funny in hindsight. Hope Hippo has enjoyed his rest.

Can see a draw tonight followed by a narrow home win for Falkirk.

Thomson

Muirhead - Grant - Gasparotto - Leahy

McKee - Taiwo

Craigen - Sibbald - Hippo

Austin

That would be a decent 4-5-1 option if he were to opt for this formation. Miller time on the 70th minute mark. 

Austin up front by himself would possibly work if you've got a three of Sibbald, Hippo and Craigen supporting. The issue with that formation is you're likely leaving Leahy one on one with Andreu which is a recipe for disaster.

Falkirk: attention, you have 200 tickets left.

Your club should arrange to take them to Dundee for sale to your fans.

As for the game, I admire FFC supporters for backing their team in a Sevco infested area, and know quite a few Bairns. Doubt that either side has good enough defenders to see off the unfortunate top league team, but both have qualities up front to trouble defences. 

Hoping Madden doesn't spoil the game, but we all know that's likely.

Archived