Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

They probably will, but if that's an attempt to eliminate my point, it's not relevant. It's a damn site easier to just turn up for a game than have to travel during the working day and pick up tickets beforehand.

Incidentally, my point is not specifically aimed at United. We saw Simao problems at Dumbarton in ticket distribution last week and remember the big spaces at Kilmarnock for the play off final last year.

Stop seeing it as a United specific thing and try to see the point I am making about the marketing of Scottish Football.

407.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It amazes me that you cannot buy your ticket online and either print at home or get a QR code that can be scanned at the ground. In this day and age it isn't exactly expensive to upgrade old technology to something a bit more up to date. The arguments over the size of the crowd are one thing, the lack of ticketing options is another. 

Totally agree.

On 24/04/2017 at 22:16, Back Post Misses said:

I will PM you my donation proof 

34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ah that one.

Firstly it wasn't a bet and I said the other night the charity I was supporting.

Well to be fair you have previous for claiming you would cough up and failing to  make the donation. 

3 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

I'm all ticketed out so onto the match. 2-1 to DU at Tannadice, 2-1 to us at TFS. No winner in extra time, we go through on penalties on Friday night 6-5 and I head to the pub to get hammered. COYB

If it goes to penalties you'll not have much time to get hammered!

8 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

I'm all ticketed out so onto the match. 2-1 to DU at Tannadice, 2-1 to us at TFS. No winner in extra time, we go through on penalties on Friday night 6-5 and I head to the pub to get hammered. COYB

I can feel my nerves jangling just reading that

So a summary of this thread so far:

A select few Falkirk fans (Roman and Shadwell Dog) absolutely seething at tickets still.

Dundee United fans thinking they are shite and won't win.

Crowd wanking.

An unsettled charity bet/squabble.

Have I missed anything? Thank f**k it's less than 24 hours until the actual game.

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

So a summary of this thread so far:

A select few Falkirk fans (Roman and Shadwell Dog) absolutely seething at tickets still.

Dundee United fans thinking they are shite and won't win.

Crowd wanking.

An unsettled charity bet/squabble.

Have I missed anything? Thank f**k it's less than 24 hours until the actual game.

My excitement at the game and confusion why we didn't have them for 16 years

They probably will, but if that's an attempt to eliminate my point, it's not relevant. It's a damn site easier to just turn up for a game than have to travel during the working day and pick up tickets beforehand.

Incidentally, my point is not specifically aimed at United. We saw similar problems at Dumbarton in ticket distribution last week and remember the big spaces at Kilmarnock for the play off final last year?

Stop seeing it as a United specific thing and try to see the point I am making about the marketing of Scottish Football.

It amazes me that you cannot buy your ticket online and either print at home or get a QR code that can be scanned at the ground. In this day and age it isn't exactly expensive to upgrade old technology to something a bit more up to date. The arguments over the size of the crowd are one thing, the lack of ticketing options is another. 

I find it baffling how backwards some ticket offices in Scottish football are. We've an online system open 24 hours a day to purchase tickets. They get posted out during the working day you buy them or next working day if you buy overnight and arrive by first class post.

For example, I got a ticket for Ibrox away on Wednesday for my brother this morning and it will arrive with him tomorrow morning. On short notice for home games, for those buying tickets for just that game, we have a print at home option and have done for about 5 years now.

For away games, I can pick my seat when buying the tickets with total ease, apart from at Ibrox where they have not given us access to their stadium plan.

The whole backwards thing of having to actually go to the ticket office and queue for ages during the working day is crazy. Absolutely crazy. I'd suggest both clubs need to find ways of improving their ticketing, big time.

As for the game, may the best team win then relegate whichever dross Lanarkshire outfit you play in the final.

2 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Decent point, but unless I'm mistaken the point being made here is around the difficulty in getting a ticket for some folk sue to the arrangements.

Whether we have currently sold out or not isn't really relevant when the point being made is that more flexible arrangements would increase the attendance.

Nope. This started with some Falkirk fans knicker-wetting about only getting 1500 tickets. It's now been steered towards 'accessibility' of said tickets now that they've failed to sell out their allocation.

Archived