Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

41 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Aye cuz gawn away to Hamilton in the Prem will be a right laugh, eh pal? :huh:

You're right. If it came to it id rather have Falkirk and their three stands than Hamilton and their two and a half stands.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a ground holding 15000 there's loads of room for everyone for christs sake. I'll be amazed if theirs 8000 tops at the game.No need for people to have to pre buy tickets for the home or away ends. If you need to buy a ticket from a cabin before entering then fair enough but no need for people to buy tickets in advance unless they really want to.. You asked how that makes things difficult and surely that answers your question.

You don't have to buy in advance. I've turned up on the night and bought from the ticket office (sure there's a cabin behind the George fox now too) and went in.

Away fans are clearly being restricted to try and help United out on the pitch. If they made it PATG for away fans more people than the allocation would turn up.

f**k sake.

As I understand it, United have an ex polis on the staff who helps take these crazy decisions regarding tickets. But as I've said earlier, it's likely that there will be cash gates for both sets of fans.

In any case Falkirk are still selling tickets for tomorrow: it looks more like Friday will be the match where tickets will be at a premium.

Guest Back Post Misses

So what else do you propose? I genuinely cannot see the problem here.

Initially someone said it's a joke it's all ticket because only 5500 home tickets have been sold, I was only explaining that it's really not a problem for people buying home tickets.

As far as the away allocation goes it's obviously been set to try and help United by making sure Falkirk don't have too much of a big noisy away support. Perfectly understandable.

So when they've set the away ticket allocation what else were they supposed to do? Maybe Falkirk could've stayed open later a few nights or even set up a stand in Dundee for an hour or 2 and let people buy over the phone/pick up on the night.

Done this for Scotland games. Also had to send my granny down to Gayfield before when we've had a set amount of away tickets available for games at Ibrox for example. Just par for the course surely?

You are defending the indefensible

We will have a noisy support, don't worry about that

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

You don't have to buy in advance. I've turned up on the night and bought from the ticket office (sure there's a cabin behind the George fox now too) and went in.

Away fans are clearly being restricted to try and help United out on the pitch. If they made it PATG for away fans more people than the allocation would turn up.

f**k sake.

Yes so their making it difficult to see a game we should all be able to see. Away fans have to buy a ticket before they get there. We have no option. With the game being on tv we'll be lucky to sell out the 1500 as your asking people to go out of their way to get a ticket for a game in a ground that if they gave us 5000 tickets and we managed to sell all of them  still wouldn't sell out. 

Yes so their making it difficult to see a game we should all be able to see. Away fans have to buy a ticket before they get there. We have no option. With the game being on tv we'll be lucky to sell out the 1500 as your asking people to go out of their way to get a ticket for a game in a ground that if they gave us 5000 tickets and we managed to sell all of them  still wouldn't sell out. 

Well then that's Falkirks fault.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well then that's Falkirks fault.

Christ we'd probably only bring through 2000 tops at best if they made it patg but at least everyone would get a chance to see the game without any hassle. I can't believe that Dundee United are shitting themselves over us bringing another 500 folk . No wonder Scottish fitba is in the grubber.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No wonder Scottish fitba is in the grubber.

There are many reasons available to you if you wish to peddle this myth that Scottish football is "in the grubber", Falkirk receiving a fairly standard away allocation for a big game is not one of them.

Every game without fail.
Game is tomorrow night and neither allocation is sold out so it's clearly not going to make much of a difference either way.

Houston seemed to imply the 3 nil flattered the DABs the other night, is that fair? I was a bit worried you were hitting a bit of form.

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There are many reasons available to you if you wish to peddle this myth that Scottish football is "in the grubber", Falkirk receiving a fairly standard away allocation for a big game is not one of them.

Surely as has been said we should be encouraging people to go and watch Scottish football and not making it as difficult as possible when there is no need to do it.  When a stadium holds 15000 people there is no need to make a game all ticket. Add to things like this the fact that we let kids under 12 in for nothing all season and yet are forced to charge them in the playoffs by the spfl. Great way of encouraging kids to watch football. Let's get as many people as possible in and and showcase the Scottish playoffs. 

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely as has been said we should be encouraging people to go and watch Scottish football and not making it as difficult as possible when there is no need to do it.  When a stadium holds 15000 people there is no need to make a game all ticket. Let's get as many people as possible in and and showcase the Scottish playoffs. 

You are (unsurprisingly) missing the point again. It's not about making games hard for fans to attend or whether the game will sell out, it's to make the most of their home advantage. 1500 is a fair allocation. Yeah, they could let any number of Falkirk fans in and make a wee bit more cash in the process, I'd imagine being promoted will earn them more cash than letting another 500-1000 Falkirk fans into this game though.

If you want to showcase the Scottish playoffs then put them on TV.

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You are (unsurprisingly) missing the point again. It's not about making games hard for fans to attend or whether the game will sell out, it's to make the most of their home advantage. 1500 is a fair allocation. Yeah, they could let any number of Falkirk fans in and make a wee bit more cash in the process, I'd imagine being promoted will earn them more cash than letting another 500-1000 Falkirk fans into this game though.

If you want to showcase the Scottish playoffs then put them on TV.

Their on tv but won't encourage many people when they see half empty stadiums. I can't believe that United think that stopping us bringing a few hundred more will make any difference. Although I'd love to have seen us restrict their tickets simply because of the fact their playing silly buggers with us I know that no matter how many away fans they bring it will mean hee haw to the result. We've beaten the likes of hibs and sevco twice in recent times with sold out away ends making a lot of noise. It makes no difference to our team.

Guest Back Post Misses

Dumbarton fans all over a big game thread.

Probably take Dumbarton about 7 visits to sell out 1500 tickets. What would you know about "standard away allocation"?

Archived