Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, m9. Im a neutral at this game. Neither an Arab nor a, whatever you call Falkirk fans these days.
I'll take the fair weathered ratboy comment as a compliment though. :thumsup2

I believe we're nicknamed Sexy c***s

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

If we win this then it is fact we're better than Barcelona cause Dundee United beat Barcelona. Remember?

:blink:

Were that the case, I feel like it would have been mentioned long before now.

Which brings you back to the fact that this game should never in a million years be all ticket.

All ticket isn't totally true. You can rock up to the ticket office across the road tomorrow night at 7.40pm and get one. Probably be a cash gate in the Jerry Kerr again too. 4000 sold before Morton and attendance was actually 6800 or something.

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

All ticket isn't totally true. You can rock up to the ticket office across the road tomorrow night at 7.40pm and get one. Probably be a cash gate in the Jerry Kerr again too. 4000 sold before Morton and attendance was actually 6800 or something.

So why are we getting told we need to buy a ticket?

4 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Falkirk to win over 2 legs then lose to Hamilton.  That's what I hope happens anyway, although the Arabs keeping Houston down will be comical. 

Aye cuz gawn away to Hamilton in the Prem will be a right laugh, eh pal? :huh:

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Which brings you back to the fact that this game should never in a million years be all ticket.

Has it actually ever been explained why it is all ticket? It is a disgrace that it is but there must be some (hopefully) logical reason as to why? Policing/stewarding costs? Some way of trying to dodge the gate money split so that we get a little more than we should? It can't just be the fact that it is yet another Scottish football club making it as awkward as possible for people to go and enjoy a game of football surely?

I would hope that by kick off we would have sold 6500ish with 1500 or so Falkirk fans.

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Has it actually ever been explained why it is all ticket? It is a disgrace that it is but there must be some (hopefully) logical reason as to why? Policing/stewarding costs? Some way of trying to dodge the gate money split so that we get a little more than we should? It can't just be the fact that it is yet another Scottish football club making it as awkward as possible for people to go and enjoy a game of football surely?

I would hope that by kick off we would have sold 6500ish with 1500 or so Falkirk fans.

Exactly

Only in Scottish football can you make it difficult for people to go. It is not as if we have wonderful TV rights deals that makes non attendance of punters irrelevant. 

Exactly
Only in Scottish football can you make it difficult for people to go. It is not as if we have wonderful TV rights deals that makes non attendance of punters irrelevant. 

Can someone tell me what's difficult?

Instead of queuing at the gate, you go across the road and do it, get your ticket, cross the road and go in.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Instead of queuing at the gate, you go across the road and do it, get your ticket, cross the road and go in.

Its okay if you have that option but we've been told we don't. If your an away fan your left having to get a ticket on a weekday between 9 and 5 which is difficult for a lot of people who have to work unfortunately.

Its okay if you have that option but we've been told we don't. If your an away fan your left having to get a ticket on a weekday between 9 and 5 which is difficult for a lot of people who have to work unfortunately.

But the allocation is set. What happens if more people turn up than the away allocation?

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

But there will be people who may not be able to go and get a ticket.

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

But the allocation is set. What happens if more people turn up than the away allocation?

In a ground holding 15000 there's loads of room for everyone for christs sake. I'll be amazed if theirs 8000 tops at the game.No need for people to have to pre buy tickets for the home or away ends. If you need to buy a ticket from a cabin before entering then fair enough but no need for people to buy tickets in advance unless they really want to.. You asked how that makes things difficult and surely that answers your question.

8 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I've a  vaguely recalled notion that clubs are only allowed cash gates up to 80% capacity. The three main stands in use will all get close to or exceed that figure and so there would be no option. There may be a cash gate for the Jerry Kerr and Shed if these are opened.

But there will be people who may not be able to go and get a ticket.

So what else do you propose? I genuinely cannot see the problem here.

Initially someone said it's a joke it's all ticket because only 5500 home tickets have been sold, I was only explaining that it's really not a problem for people buying home tickets.

As far as the away allocation goes it's obviously been set to try and help United by making sure Falkirk don't have too much of a big noisy away support. Perfectly understandable.

So when they've set the away ticket allocation what else were they supposed to do? Maybe Falkirk could've stayed open later a few nights or even set up a stand in Dundee for an hour or 2 and let people buy over the phone/pick up on the night.

Done this for Scotland games. Also had to send my granny down to Gayfield before when we've had a set amount of away tickets available for games at Ibrox for example. Just par for the course surely?

Archived