Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses
Trying desperately hard to convince themselves. Tragic.

Naw the tragedy is you living on past glories. You were a leading club when another Facist bitch was in charge of the country

Previous results will have no impact whatsoever on these games.

The last game turned, only in my opinion, not on anything Houston did, but on McKinnon's error in removing Spittal from the play and bringing on Nicholls. United fans will know what I mean.

But the matches so far have no effect. As an example, from the start of the season in five games v Morton the goals for and against were 5/5. We won one of the five. Yet over the last two, it was 5/1. We won both. If we played Morton tomorrow, the result would be different again. They might win.

But, in our favour, Nicholls wouldn't be involved. Either in an imaginary game v Morton, or in two real matches v Falkirk.

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I realise I'm going to regret asking this immediately, but why?

Small fan base, two and a half stands, plastic pitch?

Pretty much sums it up :lol:....that and Dougie Imrie and all the years of Reidball.

Nah, in all honesty, joke outfit was a tad harsh. You are, however a far smaller club than either Utd or Falkirk who have been punching well above their weight for years and I feel Canning has weakened you enough that you'll struggle quite badly in the Championship even if/when you do change manager.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Pretty much sums it up :lol:....that and Dougie Imrie and all the years of Reidball.

Nah, in all honesty, joke outfit was a tad harsh. You are, however a far smaller club than either Utd or Falkirk who have been punching well above their weight for years and I feel Canning has weakened you enough that you'll struggle quite badly in the Championship even if/when you do change manager.

You must write for the Daily Record or are a pundit for Radio Clyde.

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Previous results will have no impact whatsoever on these games.

The last game turned, only in my opinion, not on anything Houston did, but on McKinnon's error in removing Spittal from the play and bringing on Nicholls. United fans will know what I mean.

But the matches so far have no effect. As an example, from the start of the season in five games v Morton the goals for and against were 5/5. We won one of the five. Yet over the last two, it was 5/1. We won both. If we played Morton tomorrow, the result would be different again. They might win.

But, in our favour, Nicholls wouldn't be involved. Either in an imaginary game v Morton, or in two real matches v Falkirk.

Morton are/were in freefall

No wins in 9 game pre the play off games tells it's own story.

Are you telling me that UTD are amazing away from home now, that they beat Morton ?

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

Morton are/were in freefall

No wins in 9 game pre the play off games tells it's own story.

Are you telling me that UTD are amazing away from home now, that they beat Morton ?

No, I'm telling you exactly what I said, not what you imagined: "Previous results will have no impact whatsoever on these games."

Your argument is that no wins in 9 for Morton is indicative of form likely in this match: in that case United are on a longer unbeaten run than Falkirk. Follow that logic if you wish, my point is matches played to date will have to influence on the result. It starts at 0-0 and goes from there.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Anyone else get the impression that Falkirk fans are running scared and think that shouting about how bad United are is going to have an effect on the result?

You only had to see them twice at TFS to know how bad they are. 

See we're getting the usual pish from the pundits who only take a look at this level when theirs feck all happening elsewhere. I knew we'd start getting the old premiership needs a strong dundee utd and they've got the better players crap. The table clearly shows that over 36 games we were the better side and that is backed up by the fact that we also took 7 points out of 12. Ok anything can happen in a 2 game playoff and it aint going to be easy  but some of the crap their spouting is laughable. 

It all depends what way you look at this one Cammy Bell saying they have the experience to take it due to them carrying on playing with no rest period which is going to help them then you have the Falkirk side of things with the needed the rest before going into the play offs.  Both are right in the point they make but both have negatives tiredness or sharpness which comes with both.

Going into the last game if i mind right the only team with worse form than Morton before going into the play offs was Dundee Utd, the end of the day will find out by Friday but as mentioned the pundits with the Premiership needs a strong Dundee Utd but the same was said about Hibs, Hearts, The Rangers delete as applicable its hardly as if its the end of the world.  one thing i will say is i dont think the media will pay as much attention to Accies, ICT, or Dundee whichever one goes down or is in the play offs i do realise Motherwell is still in the mix but no doubt the Premiership needs a strong Motherwell will be wheeled out if and when it happens.

Archived