Clubs for sale

I looked very seriously at a club in north east of England who are in a serious state the owner wants 600,000 for a relegated side that doesn't own their own ground and in excess of 1.2m in debt and to add to that they are paying players from years ago that they didn't pay during their time at the club

So the next obvious location to look for a club to buy was Scottish league 2?

1 hour ago, Gb12 said:

All owners have a responsibility to make the clubs sustainable and to offer good value for money on match days etc. I looked very seriously at a club in north east of England who are in a serious state the owner wants 600,000 for a relegated side that doesn't own their own ground and in excess of 1.2m in debt and to add to that they are paying players from years ago that they didn't pay during their time at the club

@berwick-the-unbeatable sorry, mate, sounds like he's already looked at Berwick Rangers! :lol:

2 hours ago, Gb12 said:

All owners have a responsibility to make the clubs sustainable and to offer good value for money on match days etc. I looked very seriously at a club in north east of England who are in a serious state the owner wants 600,000 for a relegated side that doesn't own their own ground and in excess of 1.2m in debt and to add to that they are paying players from years ago that they didn't pay during their time at the club

Who's that then can only assume Northern League?? West Allotment Celtic?? 

Get yersel along to the Ferguson Park circus on 20th June 7o c start, we're only a league below but ye can start wi a set of floodlights to match oor ambitions :whistle

Of the League 2 Clubs, I'd say Clyde would probably be the most attractive to an investor given their history and the crowds they once drew. Whether that fan base still exists and could be drawn back to support the Club is another matter though. 

Another drawback could be the stadium issue. Has that been resolved btw?

6 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Clyde are always looking for new owners, should try them.

5 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Clyde are always looking for new owners, should try them.

What are Clyde looking for?

Spoiler

strong and stable leadership.

I've got a thousand-odd shares in the Lichties. Offer me £30 a share & I might be interested.

Sorry, I've decided not to sell

(Shares are available for £1 each if you want to deal with the club. Anything over a certain amount has to be approved by existing shareholders though)

I know of a Berwick lad who enquired not too long ago about purchasing us but he didn't get a call back despite several efforts to make contact with the correct people.

A well connected individual who would have brought excitement I'm sure. Not sure however if that excitement would have been sustainable mind!

Is this poster him I wonder?

Archived