Berwick Rangers 2017/18

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heartening and a tad astonishing result up at Peterhead today! Well done to all - should be a happy bus home.

Pleased to see Fleming and McDonald in the team. Pleased to read Peterhead fans saying that Scullion was a standout today and "one of the best centre-halves in the league." Pleased with a very rare clean sheet.

Pleased with everything really.

2 weeks for a confident team to prepare for another cup run. COYG.

Suspect the Twitterman was himself barred. Twitter coverage was virtually non-existent.

Fat heed wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the party bus. He didn't travel.

Cracking result today and a great reaction to that loss last week. Fair play to the players and Horn who clearly made one or two brave gambles.

Can we now all agree that Mikey McKenna is both a baller and top boi

• 1 month later...
533 I see. Decent to watch a bunch of kids on a Wednesday night.

How uncharitable. Was it not more about watching our first team play against a team from our top league, fielding 8 first team squad players. I thought the event deserved a higher attendance; but maybe you're in the majority feeling it was about watching a bunch of kids, rather than embracing a well conceived event for as good a pro as we're ever likely to see at the club.

12 hours ago, A Believer said:

How uncharitable. Was it not more about watching our first team play against a team from our top league, fielding 8 first team squad players. I thought the event deserved a higher attendance; but maybe you're in the majority feeling it was about watching a bunch of kids, rather than embracing a well conceived event for as good a pro as we're ever likely to see at the club.

Totally agree, I couldn't give a toss who played for Glasgow Rangers, it was all about giving support to a player who has been a great servant to Berwick Rangers Football Club for the best part of ten years.

Shame we don't get detailed reports from away games on here any more. I figured we would get roundly stuffed at Arbroath, and the prospect of a 5 hour + journey back made the decision to go to the pub in Whitby, a lot easier.

Arbroath fans on the Cup thread are very critical of Callum Donaldson, but "official" reports suggest he put in a good shift.

But I guess that sums us up anyway at the moment. You can't fault the team for effort, and with the team heavily weighted with defenders, that makes us hard to beat by the likes of Annan and Edinburgh. (That's an improvement though after the thrashings under Coughlin). But against any half decent team with skill and pace, it's 90 minutes backs to the wall. And without Notman and Godinho, we're screwed.

We are horribly short of creative threat and muscle up front though and it feels like the season is on hold until the squad can be shaken up in January.

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

Shame we don't get detailed reports from away games on here any more. I figured we would get roundly stuffed at Arbroath, and the prospect of a 5 hour + journey back made the decision to go to the pub in Whitby, a lot easier.

Arbroath fans on the Cup thread are very critical of Callum Donaldson, but "official" reports suggest he put in a good shift.

But I guess that sums us up anyway at the moment. You can't fault the team for effort, and with the team heavily weighted with defenders, that makes us hard to beat by the likes of Annan and Edinburgh. (That's an improvement though after the thrashings under Coughlin). But against any half decent team with skill and pace, it's 90 minutes backs to the wall. And without Notman and Godinho, we're screwed.

We are horribly short of creative threat and muscle up front though and it feels like the season is on hold until the squad can be shaken up in January.

I agree with "hold until the squad can be shaken up in January."  

But

Thrashings under Coughlin? 

Berwick 0 Morton 1

Edinburgh City 2 Berwick 2

Berwick 2 Queens Park 3

Motherwell 1 Berwick 0

Kilmarnock U20 0 Berwick 2

Berwick 3 Clyde 1

Stirling 4 Berwick 0 - (Top of the league away from home)

Berwick 1 Annan 5 - (Yes a thrashing)

As opposed to 

Arbroath 3 Berwick 0

Berwick 0 QoS 5

Stenhousemuir 3 Berwick 0

24 minutes ago, ShiPi said:

I agree with "hold until the squad can be shaken up in January."  

But

Thrashings under Coughlin? 

Berwick 0 Morton 1

Edinburgh City 2 Berwick 2

Berwick 2 Queens Park 3

Motherwell 1 Berwick 0

Kilmarnock U20 0 Berwick 2

Berwick 3 Clyde 1

Stirling 4 Berwick 0 - (Top of the league away from home)

Berwick 1 Annan 5 - (Yes a thrashing)

As opposed to 

Arbroath 3 Berwick 0

Berwick 0 QoS 5

Stenhousemuir 3 Berwick 0

Fair comment. Thrashings was OTT. We have improved defensively under Horn though, with essentially the same squad.

He has nowhere to go though until January. Especially snookered for competition up front when Rutherford departed. 

Rutherford netted for blyth at weekend I see

A friend of mine supports Blyth and said that he has been doing ok. Think he’s mainly been coming off the bench, but he seems to be making an impact.

Apparently ex-Shire and ICT midfielder Lewis Horner is also there and he’s been fantastic.

A friend of mine supports Blyth and said that he has been doing ok. Think he’s mainly been coming off the bench, but he seems to be making an impact.

Apparently ex-Shire and ICT midfielder Lewis Horner is also there and he’s been fantastic.

Aye same my mate goes to all Blyth home games. Flying at minute

Archived