Another Summer of confrontational cyclists.

Yesterday I was appalled to see that Chris Froome had engaging in some aggressive behavior towards a motorist.   Sadly this led to the cowardly act of the motorist tracking failing after Chris refused a 'square-go'.  

Roll the clock forward 24 hours and we have a court case, whereby the cyclist instigated conflict via aggressive behavior, and outright thuggery.    Sadly, the driver took the bait, and is now facing jail time.   

We've no idea if the cyclist was charged for creating the spat, and for damaging the motorists property.   

We ( at the cycling attitudes survey team) encourage all motorists not to take the bait, to stop on the left hand side and report the pauper to the police.    

Ignore the morons and together we can achieve a harmonious tarmac.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39876692

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who can go into Toy'r'us and come out with a road going vehicle thinking they have some kind of superiority complex over fellow road users who have been trained, tested and insured is playing russian roulette on the public highway. 

The examples shown are from cyclists that have been victims of bad drivers, I could show examples of cyclists behaving badly.

I am not anti-cyclist, got one myself that I use regularly but not on the public highway. Its far too dangerous. 

10 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

Anyone who can go into Toy'r'us and come out with a road going vehicle thinking they have some kind of superiority complex over fellow road users who have been trained, tested and insured is playing russian roulette on the public highway. 

The examples shown are from cyclists that have been victims of bad drivers, I could show examples of cyclists behaving badly.

I am not anti-cyclist, got one myself that I use regularly but not on the public highway. Its far too dangerous. 

you kind of contradicted yerself there mate !

6 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

People say to me johnthebaptistist "there's no bad dogs, just bad owners".    Which I used to agree with until I moved house in 2014 following my divorce.   My neighbours are retirees in their 70's with bowling club memberships and a keen interest in conservatism.   A lovely couple.    Their dog - who's name I can't remember - is a snappy b*****d.   It's tremendous fun when the postmen deliver, but occasionally I've knocked a ball over their wall during short tennis.     

I've never seen the actual, tangible, bike as the problem.    And, like you agree there is a time and a place for cycling in the modern interconnected world we live in.   

Context, mate. 

It's about time there was a pedestrians organisation to lobby parliament to make it legal for pedestrians to burst the tyres/face/bollocks* (*delete as to personal preference) of any cnut over the age of 13 who rides a bike on the pavement.

I came out a wee Tescos the other day and just escaped being knocked down by some ignorant cycling cnut. Just lucky for him I'm not Usain Bolt!  

Some excellent and honest responses, thanks for enhancing the thread.   

Sadly the cycling attitudes team has been attacked ( as per normal) by others who're so angry they see these threads as a direct threat.    Apologies to everyone who got a neg reg from these angry cyclists.    What we need to remember is these for are exactly the reason why we need to enforce road safety, and not all cyclists are so aggressive and unwilling to change.  

I feel it's time that cyclists should have to pass a test to be allowed on the road. They should also have fully comprehensive insurance to pay for the damage they often cause to motor vehicles.

36 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I feel it's time that cyclists should have to pass a test to be allowed on the road. They should also have fully comprehensive insurance to pay for the damage they often cause to motor vehicles.

Should pedestrians have to pass a test to be allowed on the pavement? 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

A cyclist just ran a red light at a pedestrian crossing as the green man was showing therefore I'm fully behind cyclists = cuntos

Blame a whole group of people on the actions of one w****r. Aye, that has never turned out to be a wrong ideology to follow in the history of humanity

9 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The driver should have been charged with attempted murder. Vacuous bint.

She got three years!!

The cyclists, swore at the driver and kicked his wingmirrors.

The driver overreacted, but he was heavily provoked by the confrontational cyclist. 

11 hours ago, Marr1 said:

As someone who does a lot of cycling, I think the best way to describe this thread is that the OP is talking pish,

You are the problem.  

You just can't see it.  

If this behavior continues over the summer I can guarantee the Cycling action team will back out on the road, offering friendly, correctional advice to road cyclists. 

15 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Blame a whole group of people on the actions of one w****r. Aye, that has never turned out to be a wrong ideology to follow in the history of humanity

:lol:

Archived