Fix the Tweets on the app

Bully Wee Villa

Question

If someone puts a Tweet on the site it's blank on the app. It's been like this for ages. Pain in the arse, having to log onto the full site each time. Even more so as you always get redirected to page one of the thread you were on, rather than the page you were actually reading.

And talking of which, why is it impossible to view the desktop site on a mobile? If somebody mentions a signature on here I've no idea what they're on about. There should be a "desktop view" and a "mobile view" button.

10 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

If someone puts a Tweet on the site it's blank on the app. It's been like this for ages. Pain in the arse, having to log onto the full site each time. Even more so as you always get redirected to page one of the thread you were on, rather than the page you were actually reading.

And talking of which, why is it impossible to view the desktop site on a mobile? If somebody mentions a signature on here I've no idea what they're on about. There should be a "desktop view" and a "mobile view" button.

The App is very out of date but updating it is painful. I just haven't had time to do it. In all honestly I'm considering ditching it completely and running only the mobile version of the site. The App is costly to maintain, causes no end of problems and grief and generates zero income from advertising, so it's actually incurring a loss every month.

The mobile version of the website is a very slightly cut down version of the desktop version. There is less screen to play with so we run with slightly fewer features to make it as usable as possible.

The mobile version of the site is great, but the ads are a problem there, again I've not had chance to fix this properly.

Come the summer when I maybe have a bit more time I'll get round to it, until then you're stuck with things as they are I'm afraid!

6 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

It isn't 

Screenshot_20170510-223247.jpg

Archived