Montrose in League 1?

Its about time you guys joined your country cousins in league above .. You seem to be getting things together off the field as well ...  Peterheads dicispline s woeful at best of times so grab a goal rile Rory and job done ... Take farfar in final ..Honestly can t remember last City Montrose game .. See you ve had 2 or 3 cracking crowds this year as well so all looking good .. 

We just soldier on as norm gallant losers in play offs every other year ..We re just a punt under Dods but had worse managers ..

Petries doin well for you guys all the best tomorrow 

46 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Montrose finished 3rd in Division 1 in 1975-76, 5 points off a promotion place to the Premier Division :blink:

Bring back the 1970s indeed! 

Yip. The greatest season in our illustrious  history. We took the jambos to 2 replays in the Scottish cup quarter final and reached the league cup semi final where we were defeated by Rangers.

Its about time you guys joined your country cousins in league above .. You seem to be getting things together off the field as well ...  Peterheads dicispline s woeful at best of times so grab a goal rile Rory and job done ... Take farfar in final ..Honestly can t remember last City Montrose game .. See you ve had 2 or 3 cracking crowds this year as well so all looking good .. 
We just soldier on as norm gallant losers in play offs every other year ..We re just a punt under Dods but had worse managers ..
Petries doin well for you guys all the best tomorrow 

Shut it you Brechin tink**

**I live and work in Brechin

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

Shut it you Brechin tink**

**I live and work in Brechin

WTF i was giving your club some genuine praise .. But if thats your attitude towards me we could maybe meet up and discuss it ..

WTF i was giving your club some genuine praise .. But if thats your attitude towards me we could maybe meet up and discuss it ..

I hope you're serious[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

3 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Think Aidan is just stoking up some (premature) pre-season local rivalry there...

Would be delighted if the Mo made it to Div. 1. I hope today goes really well for both City and the Mo*. It's tougher for the fourth placed teams, having to play the second leg away, but if the team is worthy of another stab at promotion, then it won't be denied them. Carpe Diem!

(* and Forfar too, with the proviso that if they win, it is only after a horrendous battle of attrition leaving them in a dreadfully parlous state for the next two matches.)

Soz too busy watching plays offs this week to fecht ya ..Cum to Glebe on Wed ill buy you a pie :thumsup2

I thought you lot would be away on Wednesday and home on Saturday? If so you can buy me a pie on Saturday

No.

Back in the day, Peterhead, as an ambitious, new team in the Scottish League signed a lot of Montrose's better players. Montrose couldn't compete financially. I couldn't but feel a bit of envy at their eventual success in getting promoted, while we seemed to fulfil the role of perpetual whipping boys. If we had been responsible for their relegation on Saturday, I wouldn't have been too sorry. I think that with the likes of Formartine having more cash to spend it means that Montrose are out-competed for north based players to an even greater extent than before and Peterhead, should they lose out to Forfar, will be less of a nuisance, off the park at least. In terms of next season, I just hope Petrie doesn't get head-hunted, as he seems to be able to do the biz and that won't have escaped other clubs' attention. Even in spite of making it to the play-offs, in the words of the legendary Tammy Wynette song "Stand By Your Team": "Sometimes it's hard to be a Moman."

https://g.co/kgs/0rT8Jn

Archived