Backlash 2017

This show has been guff.

I'm rooting for Jindypops. It would be hilarious to watch the seethe, and Orton retaining isn't exactly thrilling. Clean win in the centre of the ring for india/Canada's finest.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could fit rusev in on both sides, heel or face. Actually some quite interesting ways you could work it if he's against hinder, two sides of foreigners. Orton can then go into money in the bank after not being granted an immediate rematch.

But right now Ortons treating him like hinder treats syringes full of lovely, lovely steroids.

An alright show. Nothing spectacular, Owens/Styles the highlight of the night. At the very least intrigued to see where they go with Jinder but aside from that I don't have any real desire to tune into SmackDown on Tuesday, and that's an issue. 

Guest bernardblack

Ortons face when he dropped one of the brothers on his neck....

Some of the faces in the crowd after it, most looked like they couldn't be arsed!

Ortons face when he dropped one of the brothers on his neck....

Some of the faces in the crowd after it, most looked like they couldn't be arsed!

That's just not true. Every face had some sort of reaction on it. Some of them weren't exactly what they were going for but to act like they weren't arsed is just bullshit.

Guest bernardblack

That's just not true. Every face had some sort of reaction on it. Some of them weren't exactly what they were going for but to act like they weren't arsed is just bullshit.

Every face? Nope.

A decent show overall. Opener was solid. Tag title match was hilarious. Breeze mopping the apron to shouts of 'Mop!' was fantastic. Not laughed so much at a match in ages.

Borin Corbin vs Zayn was alright, hindered by the fact that Corbin was in it, the bug dull b*****d. Women's match was pointless but perfunctory. Becky's new hairdo though...

Owens vs Styles was great. With those two how could it not be?

Harper vs Rowan played out to utter apathy. Meh.

Boreton vs Jinder...sigh. The only explanation I can think of (beyond ROIDS!) for giving a jobber like Jinder the title is that they must be pushing for something in India. Mahal is shit and shouldn't even be on the card.

Can someone please advise. I've started watching Raw on Sky 1, mainly due to my son's starting to get into the wrestling fanfair (in fairness I watched wwf and wcw when young). Sky 1 shows a highlights programme everyweek... but it's continually the same wrestlers.. reigns, brawn, Irish dude finn? , some creepy guy with lantern, miz and seth something

Does no one else ever feature in Raw?

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Can someone please advise. I've started watching Raw on Sky 1, mainly due to my son's starting to get into the wrestling fanfair (in fairness I watched wwf and wcw when young). Sky 1 shows a highlights programme everyweek... but it's continually the same wrestlers.. reigns, brawn, Irish dude finn? , some creepy guy with lantern, miz and seth something

Does no one else ever feature in Raw?

Raw and Smackdown have different rosters now (i.e. guys only appear on one or the other, not both).

Guy with lantern is Bray Wyatt. Seth Rollins is the other name. Irish dude is Finn Balor. 

Plenty of other folk feature on Raw, but Reigns, Rollins, Balor, Wyatt and Miz are among the top guys so will feature more. Raw is 3 hours long, so you'll see plenty of guys (indeed having looked at the results this morning I can see that there were plenty of other folk in it, but many of the 'top guys' you mention featured in both the opening and closing segments). Braun Strowman was a top guy but is injured just now.

Archived