Billy Gilmour

On 2017-5-10 at 10:12, Lex said:

I think we've all learned over the past few years that it's a pointless exercise judging young players until they've made an impact at senior level.

This kid might be the next big thing and a future Scotland captain, or he might never get a cap and be out the game by the time he's 21.  The only way to find out is to wait and see.

That's far too sensible, Lex.

Just to restore balance to this part of the forum - "He'll be back up here playing for Hamilton by the time he's 20".

Magnum centre was the dogs bollocks, the flumes, wave machine, whirl pool!! Ah the memories.
Was the blue flume not scarier than the red? Or vice versa?

I was thinking of the one that spat you out into a big funnel thing then after your skidded around it like a penny in a charity whirlpool thingy it dropped you through a hole in the middle and into a pool. Pure cacked it first time as I had no idea what to expect. Think it was blue right enough.

2 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I was thinking of the one that spat you out into a big funnel thing then after your skidded around it like a penny in a charity whirlpool thingy it dropped you through a hole in the middle and into a pool. Pure cacked it first time as I had no idea what to expect. Think it was blue right enough.

It was blue (or at least it was meant to be when I started going to the Magnum). They only opened it back up a few times in the last ten or so years, the two times it was open when I was there, they had to close the pools as people were being ill afterwards. 

My dad is friends with this boys dad and apparently both the boy and the family have their head screwed on right.

In saying that I was pretty sound as a 16 year old boy and still turned into the utter fanny I am today between the ages of 18-21.

Refereed him once and he's certainly talented. One of those ones that just stands out a mile away on and off the ball. As much as he'll almost certainly never make it at Chelsea, as someone else said, plenty of opportunity for loan moves at a decent level before hopefully settling at a decent club

On 10/05/2017 at 15:32, Comrie said:

Great youth set up down there, but the amount of talent Chelsea hoard is scary. He'll certainly get some useful time out on loan.

The Chelsea youth system is used to make money. They sign up all the best talent and charge loan fees hoping to sell most of them on for millions effectively using the youth system as an income revenue

• 1 month later...
Delighted to make my first appearance in a Chelsea top today against Southend 23s, scored 2 and assisted 1 [emoji170][emoji460]️ #CFC

Not a bad start I suppose for him

What age group was the Chelsea side? Regardless, it sounds like he did well.

24dae839c62396c365c5ab882e92a27e.jpgbf07363a0f4a37d35f9874c947e46a11.jpg

Aidan McAdams got some absolutely vile shit posted about him after he signed for them. Purely because of his name.

Whether or not it was the right decision to move (and that will only be clear years down the line, if at all), seeing grown adults actively wishing failure on an obviously talented young man, practically still a kid, with all the ambition and hope that you're supposed to have at that age, is just sad.  Bitter, sad people.

Archived