Billy Gilmour

Can't blame him for wanting to leave rangers it's a really badly run club but Chelsea had 24 players out on loan this season which is ridiculous UEFA / FIFA need to do something about it in my opinion. Scottish players that have done ok down south have generally got a good few games under there belt and first team experience before moving i.e. Mcarthur maloney mcarthey Robertson Dorrans Snodgrass Kingsley Naismith Hutton steven Fletcher

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Right... let's get this one started. Half a million, 15 yrs old, signed for Chelsea... tipped to be the next big thing; where we seen that before..

Thoughts p&b ers?

My thought is that this is a shite thread in the wrong place.

Comparisons with Feruz are only relevant if Gilmour is a lazy waster with attitude problems on and off-field, a casual attitude to the law and delusions of grandeur. I predict by the age of 21 Gilmour will have accrued more first team games (whether on loan or otherwise) than his age, which is more than can be said for Feruz.

I think we've all learned over the past few years that it's a pointless exercise judging young players until they've made an impact at senior level.

This kid might be the next big thing and a future Scotland captain, or he might never get a cap and be out the game by the time he's 21.  The only way to find out is to wait and see.

55 minutes ago, Lex said:

I think we've all learned over the past few years that it's a pointless exercise judging young players until they've made an impact at senior level.

This kid might be the next big thing and a future Scotland captain, or he might never get a cap and be out the game by the time he's 21.  The only way to find out is to wait and see. relentlessly hype him up, then knock him back down repeatedly, as we've done with every player we see as a saviour.

Fixed that for you.

As bad as Chelsea are for hoarding players, the majority of these guys still get game time at a decent level:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelseas-37-loanees-who-they-9780137

Also worth noting that Chelsea have won the FA Youth Cup in 6 of the last 8 seasons, so they must be doing right in terms of scouting and youth development.

Great youth set up down there, but the amount of talent Chelsea hoard is scary. He'll certainly get some useful time out on loan.

Without knowing much about the kid it will really all depend on his attitude and work ethic.  If he's able to avoid the distractions and take advantage of the quality coaching he'll receive but if he (and his parents) have pound signs in their eyes and he gets an over-inflated ego then I fear that he will go the way of the Feruz.  

Comparisons with Feruz are only relevant if Gilmour is a lazy waster with attitude problems on and off-field, a casual attitude to the law and delusions of grandeur. I predict by the age of 21 Gilmour will have accrued more first team games (whether on loan or otherwise) than his age, which is more than can be said for Feruz.

We don't know if Feruz was always like that or developed those traits due to the obscene amount of money and flattery thrown at him at an age when most lads are still trying to work out who or what they are.

7 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

We don't know if Feruz was always like that or developed those traits due to the obscene amount of money and flattery thrown at him at an age when most lads are still trying to work out who or what they are.

If it was a recent modification to his pesonality, he's had plenty of time to reverse it. I'll give Gilmour the benefit of the doubt. Having a father that played the game, albeit only semi pro, should hopefully help him too. 

If it was a recent modification to his pesonality, he's had plenty of time to reverse it. I'll give Gilmour the benefit of the doubt. Having a father that played the game, albeit only semi pro, should hopefully help him too. 

Really hope so. Also, not coming from as grim a background as Feruz (asylum seekers from Somalia I think?) might lessen the meteoric rise trajectory a bit.

1 minute ago, Gordopolis said:

Really hope so. Also, not coming from as grim a background as Feruz (asylum seekers from Somalia I think?) might lessen the meteoric rise trajectory a bit.

Dunno, Ayrshire's pretty grim too! :lol:

He's no John Fleck.
Spoiler Hopefully.

Inspired by this post, I looked him up to find out if he was still making a living from fitba, only to find he's at Sheffield United who'll be in the English Championship next year....

Don't even think about it, ya wee ginger fud.

12 hours ago, resk said:

Inspired by this post, I looked him up to find out if he was still making a living from fitba, only to find he's at Sheffield United who'll be in the English Championship next year....

Don't even think about it, ya wee ginger fud.

Aye he's been doing very well in League 1 last few years.  Was Coventry's player of the year last year and has been a big part of Sheff Utd's league win this year, scoring the goal that won them promotion and being a virtual ever present in the starting 11.

If he keeps doing it in the Championship next year he will be knocking on the door of the squad.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Aye he's been doing very well in League 1 last few years.  Was Coventry's player of the year last year and has been a big part of Sheff Utd's league win this year, scoring the goal that won them promotion and being a virtual ever present in the starting 11.

If he keeps doing it in the Championship next year he will be knocking on the door of the squad.

He was also in this season's League One team of the year. 

True. I still have traumatic memories of the magnum centre and that shite-scary flume.

P.S. we're both going to Hell [emoji6]

Magnum centre was the dogs bollocks, the flumes, wave machine, whirl pool!! Ah the memories.
Was the blue flume not scarier than the red? Or vice versa?

Archived