Fox Hunting

Ludo*1

Clearly my problem is with folk deriving pleasure from a process that is excessively and unnecessarily cruel.

You would rather they were killed by folk who were somber and miserable?
Do you not believe a fox lying dying for days from the result of a shotgun wound is excessively cruel and unnecessary?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

You would rather they were killed by folk who were somber and miserable?
Do you not believe a fox lying dying for days from the result of a shotgun wound is excessively cruel and unnecessary?

Foxes are usually shot by high powered rifles of such calibre that it's highly unlikely to result in one "lying dying for days".

4 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Foxes are usually shot by high powered rifles of such calibre that it's highly unlikely to result in one "lying dying for days".

And if a massive rifle-blast doesn't finish them off, hounds ripping them down to their constituent atoms will surely ensure they're not "lying dying for days".

9 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Does that apply to fishermen? Those that hunt game?

They're not really comparable are they ?

Fishing and hunting for provision is clearly not the same as blood sports and trophy hunting.

You know this though, so I'm unsure where you're going with this.

10 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Yes you're right. I am sure that every time a shot makes contact with a fox it results in an instant, pain free death....

Suppose they could just trap them in cages then give them an injection? A massively high percentage of the foxes shot will die instantly as you can squeek them very close to the lamp. Similar to culling roe or fallow deer they tend to pretty close and brought out into fields, not half chance shots through trees etc.

Archived