New Kits for 17/18

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Times New Roman font on the sponsor here is hideous. They look like the should be handing out flyers on the high street

Times new Roman is a seriff font, that is a sans-seriff font like helvetica

1 hour ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Looks like it, Bournemouth, Walsall, Crewe, Stevenage, Scunthorpe, Notts County, ICT all ditched them.

40 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

endless supply problems and poor quality from "Carbrini", apparently.

Fraserburgh buck the trend and re-dress with a joma template:

http://www.fraserburghfc.scot/news/broch-to-launch-the-new-kit-1848376.html?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F1712702%2Fimage_594cfdced3813.jpg&w=820&t=fit&q=85

Ourselves and Oldham seem to have got rid too, i think Ross County still might be using them?

Even the customer service in JD Sports was really piss poor, staff didn't have a clue about release dates, wrong sizes ordered in, stock hidden behind Old Firm tat in the Paisley and Braehead stores. Farcical really but it was meant to be a really good earner for the club.

Our new kit images are meant to be getting released today, hopefully will be on this thread soon!

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Ourselves and Oldham seem to have got rid too, i think Ross County still might be using them?

Even the customer service in JD Sports was really piss poor, staff didn't have a clue about release dates, wrong sizes ordered in, stock hidden behind Old Firm tat in the Paisley and Braehead stores. Farcical really but it was meant to be a really good earner for the club.

Our new kit images are meant to be getting released today, hopefully will be on this thread soon!

Nah County have a new Macron strip now. Pretty decent one too. No idea about the quality but those Cabrini ones always looked a bit cheap I thought.

I missed the memo where most of the Premier League and Championship decided on bringing shady Asian gambling conglomerates onto their tops. 'Fans will complain less if everyone else is doing it too!'.

And even if it's not Asian betting firms, it's shite like LeoVegas on Norwich and Brentford.

This is how St. Mirren's Twitter account 'lrevealed' the home top. Looks really nasty to be honest, Joma has been hit and miss this season;

594d1ddbb50a6_DDAqh7LXsAAFhkt1.jpg.6d59e3a3a9eec3ca06f157bf950735a1.jpg

21 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

I missed the memo where most of the Premier League and Championship decided on bringing shady Asian gambling conglomerates onto their tops. 'Fans will complain less if everyone else is doing it too!'.

And even if it's not Asian betting firms, it's shite like LeoVegas on Norwich and Brentford.

It makes a mockery of the FA's decision yesterday to end their sponsorship with all betting companies including Ladbrokes after the negativity about players gambling. 

don't quite get the joma hate- some look pretty nice and the one joma top I had (Zeljeznicar of Sarajevo) was totally fine quality wise.

I guess clubs like St J and QoS have had them for donkey's years and people do get bored of the same templates year in year out. Montrose have been stuck with Nike seemingly forever.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

This is how St. Mirren's Twitter account 'lrevealed' the home top. Looks really nasty to be honest, Joma has been hit and miss this season;

Well it's not amazing but it's not sh!te. Not too sure about it, but could be a grower:wacko:. Like Sergie said, it looks like it could be a Pars jersey. IMO it would look better if the Joma was in red instead of gold. Glad the red numbers are back though:thumsup2, every cloud and all that.

Joma has been miss or miss this season.

Kit makers past and present in order (italics means defunct / no longer in the market)

Old Umbro  (before they became a Nike zombie brand then sold to American venture capitalists)

Adidas

kappa The occasional mis-step such as they over-branded Man City tops when they were struggling down the divisions under Alan Ball. Some right classics though- the Wales tops of the early 2000s (very unforgiving for fatties) and more recently decent Spurs efforts.

hummel- iconic Danish brand, Danish shirts for a while were amongst the most commented on international shirts. Not quite so sure about the more recent designs myself but deservedly right up there.

Admiral (rarely come close to touching the 70s highlights tho')

Errea

Macron (hard to tell between these two; both Italian; both mostly decent; macron dominate the English non leagues around London and the West Midlands)

FILA I really liked Fila's Scotland tops. Think they are still a brand for trainers, bags etc but haven't seen a football shirt of theirs for years.

TFG (very common in the early 2000s; did some nice designs; best known perhaps for Dundee United / Killie / Ayr and loads of lower league teams down south; seem to have gone bust / disappeared)

new balance (seem to go after the big hitters exclusively, designs are not too bad)

Joma

Puma (I want to like Puma, and like their trainers, but their shirt designs are always really fussy / have one element too many; ponitless geometric nurdling, an unnecessary collar, etc)

AVEC (responsible for some real horrors in the late 90s- see also Berwick Rangers. Now another Nike zombie brand.)

Nike

Sondico (formerly Vandanel). I loved Montrose's vandanel top from 10-12 years ago; really clear and simple. Vandanel overstretched themselves and were used as a vehicle for the long-defunct Sondico to re-launch themselves. It's not been a happy re-brand IMO.

Scoreline (late 80s brand that appeared like a rash all over the lower leagues for a couple of seasons then vanished just as quickly; best known for producing John Beck's Cambridge United side's tops as they rocketed up the divisions playing stone age football)

Ribeiro (early 90s lower league brand, variously Ayr, Meadowbank Thistle, loads of English third and fourth division sides; highest profile teams were Coventry and Norwich in the early Premier league. Their vomit-flecked Norwich top was hideous)

Matchwinner (a really mixed bag; some nice designs but I think their head designer took too much acid in the early 90s rave scene and came away with such hallucinogenic nightmares as Clyde's infamous purple mould growths-on-absinthe-green away top. Not sure oif the two were related, but they had gone bust by the mid-90s. Sure they were a Scottish firm too)

OS defunct horrors who made Dundee United and Norn Iron, briefly. Horrible shirts and poor quality from memory, who knows what happened to them.

GIVOVA (seem to exist mainly in Italy, Spain and S America. Horrible, clunky things)

KELME (see above)

Burrda Sports (Watford)

Surridge Sports ( quality seems terrible and designs very boring)

XARA- ughh, horrible. Raith, St Johnstone, Norwich, Cardiff, Preston, one or two others around the turn of the century.

Carbrini / Carlotti/ JD Sports zombie brand

Junk bargain basement brands that are much of a muchness / everything from primary school league to Scottish league One: Uhlsport, Mitre, Pendle, Stanno, ProStar, Spall, New Olympic.

Spall dominated the lower leagues in Scotland from the early 80s through to about the mid 90s; variously Clyde, Stenny, Partick Thistle; down south, Wolves in the early Steve Bull days. Prostar were big around ten years ago but the kits always looked horrible and really cheap; Peterhead and Stenny employing them for years tells you all you need to know. Mitre are making an unwelcome, low-budget comeback; Stanno have quite a few clients in the Highland League and their kits look decent. Uhlsport probably top of the pile in this group; German, quite good quality, intervening in clubwear across many leagues, from 1.FC Magdeburg to Ballinamallard United.

Everyone moans about Pendle; I always think of them as being a cheaper version of adidas templates from 2-3 years ago. Not as bad as ProStar or mitre.

6 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Kit makers past and present in order (italics means defunct / no longer in the market)...

St. Mirren's kit makers (since 1977, ones in bold not in your list)

Umbro

Adidas

Matchwinner

Core

Uhlsport

Xara

Hummel

Various JD Sport (Fila, Carbrini, Diadora)

Joma.

Know anything about the ones in bold?

ah shite, a coupel of big omission there- will add.

Always liked hummel; the Danish top from Mexico '86 is still talked about and brought up on these threads. Uhlsport I would brand with the mitres, pendles and stannos although at the top end of that range; they are from Germany.

I have never head of Cove :lol:

10 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

ah shite, a coupel of big omission there- will add.

Always liked hummel; the Danish top from Mexico '86 is still talked about and brought up on these threads. Uhlsport I would brand with the mitres, pendles and stannos although at the top end of that range; they are from Germany.

I have never head of Cove :lol:

It's Core

Our shirt from 93/94

7ea7927f1cfe8d18b111390a3f60a4ca.jpg

and the squad from 95/96

1995-96.jpg

Also forgot we had Admiral for one season.

Archived