Challenge Cup 2017-18

On 12 October 2017 at 13:47, Crusader Knight said:

It's not on tv mate AFAIK. DU are simply helping us time the match accordingly, fitting with flight times to Edinburgh :)

Dumbarton kicked off at 1430 against Connah's Quay to allow them to catch their train. However they didn't factor the game going to extra time and the timewasting fuckers missed it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QF results, and attendances (once again hardly setting the heather alight):

Dundee Utd 1-2 Crusaders ... 2,048
Dumbarton 2-0 Raith Rovers ... 888
Inverness CT 1-0 Falkirk ... 1,078
TNS 0-0 QotS (aet, 4-3p) ... 808

So now a 1/3 chance of a Welsh or Northern Irish club being guaranteed in the Scottish Challenge Cup Final, and a real possibility of that Final being Crusaders Belfast v TNS Llansantffraid.

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

QF results, and attendances (once again hardly setting the heather alight):

Dundee Utd 1-2 Crusaders ... 2,048
Dumbarton 2-0 Raith Rovers ... 888
Inverness CT 1-0 Falkirk ... 1,078
TNS 0-0 QotS (aet, 4-3p) ... 808

So now a 1/3 chance of a Welsh or Northern Irish club being guaranteed in the Scottish Challenge Cup Final, and a real possibility of that Final being Crusaders Belfast v TNS Llansantffraid.

Aye and the final must be in Scotland.

Whit a rid neck this could be!!!

Surely it should be the 4th and 5th placed teams from N.I and Wales that are included,not the top two sides who play in Europe. We do that with the R.O.I sides in this cup,with only the 5th and 6th sides in their league included.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, the snudge said:

The future of Scottish fitba resting on the shoulders of the Sons and Caley. Sorry lads! 

Even more worrying is that clowns like Doncaster & Reagan are allowed to drag the game down to such an extent

Even more worrying is that clowns like Doncaster & Reagan are allowed to drag the game down to such an extent

For the love of God, don't make us play a Welsh team again. I physically couldn't go through another 90 minutes of Connaught's Quay's 'European tactics*' Though the fact they missed their train home still gives me a warm feeling inside.

*Divin', cheatin' and timewastin' to an inordinate degree, for those who don't remember.

9 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I sincerely hope it’s a Crusaders v TNS final, for the embarrassment it would cause the SPFL CEO and Board. Surely there would have to be resignations!

Probably more embarrassing for the clubs they knocked out tbf, but just shows how seriously this cup is taken.

Probably more embarrassing for the clubs they knocked out tbf, but just shows how seriously this cup is taken.

Return to the original concept of bottom 3 tiers plus either HFL/LL winners or Championship with byes and tiers 3/4 plus top 6 from each of HFL/LL in first round.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'm torn. Dumbarton guys on here are all sound and they'd love winning a cup but I feel this tournament deserves a Wales vs Northern Ireland final to truly showcase its insanity.

I think it's far more embarrassing for Scottish football if Kyle Hutton picks up a winners medal (although he did actually play really well on Saturday). Now that we're in the semis I'd like to win the thing, but I'd settle for a semi final trip to Belfast.

Archived