Challenge Cup 2017-18

hopefully it will be an Irish and Welsh cup final, finally putting a nail in this pish cups coffin. 

I went to Ireland, it was shit.

The game against the fifers was shit.

I actually punched the fucking air in Inverness after going out.

You go in the hope it'll be a decent game but its as bad as a preseason friendly or the shit group stages in the now league cup. 

Less than 5,000 at the games over the weekend. Even the finals are shit. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hopefully it will be an Irish and Welsh cup final, finally putting a nail in this pish cups coffin. 
You go in the hope it'll be a decent game but its as bad as a preseason friendly or the shit group stages in the now league cup. 

You went all the way up to Inverness, a 6 hour round trip, and celebrated when you went out?

4a135c78f273bb3757eb7b9b4649430c.jpg

Probably not popular opinion and I have said before I like the inclusion of these "foreign teams". I would prefer however a Scottish team winning the competition. TNS are no mob though. They have squeezed past Livingston and now us and will give any championship team a tough time.  As for the draw I would go for Dumbarton at home to Crusaders and Inverness to make the long trip down to TNS. 

As discussed on the match thread - confirmation today that QotS were prevented from making a 4th sub in extra-time in their QF as the referee didn't know the rules:

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-scotsman/20171114/282299615455299

After the penalty shoot-out format debacle in the earlier rounds, you'd have thought officials would've been explicitly briefed on the handful (or fewer) inter-league variations :blink:.

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You went all the way up to Inverness, a 6 hour round trip, and celebrated when you went out?

4a135c78f273bb3757eb7b9b4649430c.jpg

Whats more believable.

I was irate when Falkirk were pumped out of the Ramsdens cup, I was looking forward to the prospect of another £300+ trip to Ireland or 8 hours to see us play in wales, or best of all another freezing cold trip to the rock to witness effectively a pre-season game lacking atmosphere, this left me fucking fizzing. I took instantly to posting my feelings about the game only to find out there wasn't a thread running because no one gives a fucking shit. 

or 

After an 90 minutes, a pish trip to ireland and a hollow win against the Pars, I was actually fucking thankful that my team is now out of this mickey mouse cup for another year and can focus on a relegation battle. I was thankful, no sorry hoping Falkirk wouldn't equalise in the last few minutes as I just couldn't fucking face another 30 minutes of that pish. 

I don't ever want Falkirk to loose, but I wasn't exactly kicking the seat in front when we went one nil down. 

The final is the most empty of events for a club that has at least had glimmers of success in major domestic cups in recent years. 

Whats more believable.
I was irate when Falkirk were pumped out of the Ramsdens cup, I was looking forward to the prospect of another £300+ trip to Ireland or 8 hours to see us play in wales, or best of all another freezing cold trip to the rock to witness effectively a pre-season game lacking atmosphere, this left me fucking fizzing. I took instantly to posting my feelings about the game only to find out there wasn't a thread running because no one gives a fucking shit. 
or 
After an 90 minutes, a pish trip to ireland and a hollow win against the Pars, I was actually fucking thankful that my team is now out of this mickey mouse cup for another year and can focus on a relegation battle. I was thankful, no sorry hoping Falkirk wouldn't equalise in the last few minutes as I just couldn't fucking face another 30 minutes of that pish. 
I don't ever want Falkirk to loose, but I wasn't exactly kicking the seat in front when we went one nil down. 
The final is the most empty of events for a club that has at least had glimmers of success in major domestic cups in recent years. 

You didn't have to go Ireland or up to Inverness or where ever else. It's your choice. And as for hoping your team don't equalise or progress further I don't buy that. At the very least you could word it differently to say at least the bairns can concentrate on the relegation battle or similar. To say you hope they don't equalise or win is a bit bitter to be honest.

Queens fans take this competition quite seriously don't they. Reading the match thread and on here they actually seem like they care. I don't see it as being biter in the slightest, quote me on games we've won on this thread and my response is pretty much the same, fucking wish we hadn't.

The SPFL seem to think the way to solve Scottish footballs dropping attendances and lack of interest in the game is to pump even more games into a congested fixture card, encouraging more to pick and choose their games. I just wish they'd look at shit like this and scrap it, instead of making it even more fucking difficult to attend games that don't matter. 

Queens fans take this competition quite seriously don't they. Reading the match thread and on here they actually seem like they care. I don't see it as being biter in the slightest, quote me on games we've won on this thread and my response is pretty much the same, fucking wish we hadn't.
The SPFL seem to think the way to solve Scottish footballs dropping attendances and lack of interest in the game is to pump even more games into a congested fixture card, encouraging more to pick and choose their games. I just wish they'd look at shit like this and scrap it, instead of making it even more fucking difficult to attend games that don't matter. 

Certainly take it seriously and play near full strength sides in games.

39 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

Whats more believable.

or 

Your trip to Ireland being shite says more about you than it does about this cup. I think you should find a new hobby, I'm not sure following around a team that makes you so angry is a good thing.

14 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

Attendances aren't dropping and Scottish football isn't a mess because you don't like the Challenge Cup. Nobody forced you to spend hundreds of pounds following your team to Ireland, you chose to do that despite knowing your hatred for the games in this cup. In short, you're a moron.

There's a perfectly functional thread of over 160 replies for the game as well.

And I love the Challenge Cup, despite deploring the recent crazy changes. Don't go, go, you choose. But don't go and then moan because you did. That's frankly worrying.

2 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

Cool, I'll leave the QOS and Dumbarton fans to glamorise this diddy cup everything is rosey. 

Aye, so you will. Your penchant for travelling to football matches that you have no interest in means we'll see you at the final.

21 hours ago, moanthebairns said:

I did the same in Oswestry.  Loved CHOOSING to spent £200 odd quid to make a weekend of it.  But the cherry on top of the weekend was Andy Stirlings penalty being saved. So we are finally out this diddy Mickey Mouse cup. 

1 hour ago, moanthebairns said:

Whats more believable.

or 

Morrissey is a Bairns fan - who knew ?

48 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, so you will. Your penchant for travelling to football matches that you have no interest in means we'll see you at the final.

:lol: I did have a laugh at that. 

Enjoy your trip to wales, looking good for an Irish v welsh final at Pitodrie. 

Archived