Challenge Cup 2017-18

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I agree it would be good if they offered that option but I'd be amazed if it increased audiences. If folk aren't tuning in to watch football because the commentary isn't in English then they are complete fannies.

I remember watching a League Cup semi-final between Rangers and Celtic many moons ago on TG4 (Irish TV gaelic language station).  The fact that I couldn't understand a word of the commentary didn't bother me.

The only bit I did understand was when they lost sound and the commentator could be heard talking to his technical crew - in English - "Can nobody hear me at all? Nobody?"

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I dont know why they would do it and I dont really understand why S4C do. Surely the point of these channels is to promote use of the language and showing these games should hopefully force general population to listen to and take an interest in Welsh / Gaelic. Offering an English language alternative for me just completely defeats the purpose.

Yeah I'm looking at it from a personal pint of view rather than as someone who give two fucks about Gaelic.  If that makes me a bad person I will just live with it.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I agree it would be good if they offered that option but I'd be amazed if it increased audiences. If folk aren't tuning in to watch football because the commentary isn't in English then they are complete fannies.

I'll watch United if they're on Alba (and I'm not at the match obviously) but there's probably few other games I'd watch with Gaelic commentary.  If that makes me a complete fanny I will just live with it.

37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah I'm looking at it from a personal pint of view rather than as someone who give two fucks about Gaelic.  If that makes me a bad person I will just live with it.

I'll watch United if they're on Alba (and I'm not at the match obviously) but there's probably few other games I'd watch with Gaelic commentary.  If that makes me a complete fanny I will just live with it.

Drunk again, eh?

Aitken laments 'lucky' Dumbarton

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/11/aitken-laments-lucky-dumbarton/

Strong words by the Sons gaffer after Friday's win over Stranraer. It'll be a tough tie for them against Raith in the next round. I imagine the Championship side will be up for it however considering the comments of their manager at the weekend. 

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 13:28, liam_barnett said:

21150075_1662138027132723_31546345717486

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 15:35, HibeeJibee said:

So basically a pirate FA of Manx amateurs (plus someone from Sligo) wants let in?

In the Quadrangular tournament this afternoon Isle of Man's league select - not the 'native Manxmen only' team - lost 3-2 to Eire semi-pros at Cambuslang before crowd of approximately 40. (Scotland Juniors drew 2-2 with Northern Ireland amateurs at St Anthonys in Glasgow before crowd of 140).

25 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Assuming this is being shown live on TV (hence the kick off time), what happens if it goes to ET and penalties? What are the rules on black-out periods when there are league fixtures on at the same time?

It's not on tv mate AFAIK. DU are simply helping us time the match accordingly, fitting with flight times to Edinburgh :)

43 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Assuming this is being shown live on TV (hence the kick off time), what happens if it goes to ET and penalties? What are the rules on black-out periods when there are league fixtures on at the same time?

Don’t think the blackout period operates on international weekends. TNS v Elgin was on tv with a 4.30 ko on Saturday while there were lower league fixtures going on.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 17:17, HibeeJibee said:

In the Quadrangular tournament this afternoon Isle of Man's league select - not the 'native Manxmen only' team - lost 3-2 to Eire semi-pros at Cambuslang before crowd of approximately 40. (Scotland Juniors drew 2-2 with Northern Ireland amateurs at St Anthonys in Glasgow before crowd of 140).

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 19:22, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Would have happily gone to the Scotland v NI game had it not been at such an awful venue. Hopefully better weather for tomorrow's games?

IoM pasted 4-0 by NI ams today.

Can't see them being admitted.

Archived