Challenge Cup 2017-18

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

How is the Albion Rovers v Spartans tie not resolved?

I thought the Rovers won the penalty shoot out.

Albion Rovers have allegedly been very naughty boys and fielded an ineligble player.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HibeeJibee said:

St Mirren v Hearts "B" pits St Mirren's first-team, whose U20s play in the national U20s league, against Hearts "B"/U20s who also play in that league :lol:.

I hope we play our u20s. 

They'd pump Hearts colts and make a mockery of the whole idea (and probably put on a better performance than our first team).

3 minutes ago, Menzel said:

TV selection for this :lol:

PremierSports didn't bother using their R1 entitlement, btw :lol:.

I'd speculate they'll take Sligo v Falkirk... S4C will take TNS v Livingston... and BBC Alba either Dundee Utd v Alloa or Aberdeen "B" v Inverness.

No ££ for being on TV, IIRC.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Rovers fielded an ineligible player so it's under investigation.

Kick them out anyway, doubt it would be played at Cliftonhill, scrounging b*****ds.

In terms of the draw more generally my impressions are:

- not favourable for the "B" teams if their opponents play strong XIs. Hamilton "B" beating Cove at home would look the most likely

- I'd expect 4 or 5 of the 6 non-Scottish teams to progress, with Falkirk to beat Sligo and Dumbarton v CQN and TNS v Livingston perhaps close

- Raith and Stranraer the only SPFL1/SPFL2 clubs to reach R3 (as well as the winners of Ayr-Montrose and Petehead-Annan obviously)

1 minute ago, moanthebairns said:

question - when you sign up for the league, do you sign up for this as well. Isn't it about time we start walking away from this fucking abortion of a cup. 

I Have asked the St Mirren Independent Supporters Association to canvas their members what they think of the new format and pass these finding on to the BoD (we have a representative as a Board member) . I wont't be attending our game against a colt team and I do not know yet of anyone I know who will be attending.

Just now, A Livi Fan said:

What is it with Livi and getting shit draws?

Drawn against a team in our league, beat them to get another away to a Welsh team that plays in England in a Scottish cup. Not to mention they beat us last year!. 

Was hoping for an away day to Ireland tbh, Not easy going getting to Owestry Town

Can never seem to get a home tie either

It'll be on the telly, wonder if the club will open the stadium bar for this, enjoyed going down to watch the first Crusaders game there, was a good atmosphere watching it with other Livi fans. Just a shame we had to play them again after fielding Lithgow when we shouldn't have.

20 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

PremierSports didn't bother using their R1 entitlement, btw :lol:.

They'll be furious that they've not got the Old Firm v Irish/Norn Irish sides they and the SFA craved as a money spinner. 

GIRFUY

How times have changed. Went to Victoria Park to watch Raith thrash the Ross County first team 5-0 in the League Cup in 94/95 on the way to winning the trophy. Now reduced to playing their colts team. Hope this gets boycotted along with the rest of the matches involving the PL colts teams, they shouldn't be involved.

Said even before we played East Kilbride that I wouldn't be going if we got a colt team - although for a brief period on Tuesday that looked like being irrelevant! No reason to change my stance now.

22 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It'll be on the telly, wonder if the club will open the stadium bar for this, enjoyed going down to watch the first Crusaders game there, was a good atmosphere watching it with other Livi fans. Just a shame we had to play them again after fielding Lithgow when we shouldn't have.

Hopefully we do it again, we'll pump TNS this time

Archived