Challenge Cup 2017-18

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

So anyway, away from the politics, the last 32 teams in an open draw (other than keeping the foreign sides apart) are

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Is there any seeding for R2 outside of the non Scottish teams not being able to draw each other?

No

Edited to add: From our point of view and probably Stranraer and Annan also, we would be much better off away to a Welsh or Irish side than any of the Aberdeen / Highland based clubs. Travel time would be about the same but we would get £5k to go to Wales or Ireland and nothing to go to Peterhead or Buckie.

Would love an "European" away trip. It's been 9 years since our last one to Denmark. Doubt we would take near to 1k again tho!

Failing that, an away trip to Annan would also be a grand day out as it's only a short journey by the "railway line". For that one I would be confident that we would take near 1000 fans [emoji170]

Just had a wee look at the rules:

Rule 9    Admission Arrangements for Visiting Clubs and clubs

9.1 The Home Club shall forward to the Visiting Club ‘without charge’ tickets, in the numbers set out below, so that they will be in the hands of the Visiting Club on or before the fifth day before the Match (unless under circumstances which render this impracticable) - 10 for Directors’ Box, 40 for the Stand.

40 ( forty ) Free tickets for the Stand.

Did anyone out there receive a free ticket ?  I guess it would have been appreciated if my club could have found some way of distributing those around the 190 or so who turned up on Wednesday. 

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__challengecupregulations201730june_1501603596.pdf

28 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Just had a wee look at the rules:

Rule 9    Admission Arrangements for Visiting Clubs and clubs

9.1 The Home Club shall forward to the Visiting Club ‘without charge’ tickets, in the numbers set out below, so that they will be in the hands of the Visiting Club on or before the fifth day before the Match (unless under circumstances which render this impracticable) - 10 for Directors’ Box, 40 for the Stand.

40 ( forty ) Free tickets for the Stand.

Did anyone out there receive a free ticket ?  I guess it would have been appreciated if my club could have found some way of distributing those around the 190 or so who turned up on Wednesday. 

https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__challengecupregulations201730june_1501603596.pdf

I can't agree DAAS, it's hard enough making a coin at our level without losing 40 times the entrance fee, personally I think everyone(except workers) including board members should be paying in to games.

Archived