Challenge Cup 2017-18

6 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Another successful evening of entertainment in the Challenge Cup. Brechin fans fuming at losing to lesser opponents 

Good to see Hamilton Under 20 win against Edinburgh City. City's fans are not bothered which goes to show their ambitions. Stenhousemuir fans were boasting they dont need this cup

Challenge cup is fantastic 

Hi Mr Doncaster

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Though i notice the term seems to have changed to B teams. Wouldn't be shocked if the age thingy is dropped long term. Plus a Lowland League 2 or LL East/West till the SFA/SPL get what they want.

The plan was that SPL clubs could have B teams and that they could rise as high as the second tier in a similar way to what happens at the moment in Holland and Portugal. Bo'ness United, Kelty Hearts and others that are keen on pyramid involvement seem to think a big upheaval is coming soon that will change the structure of the game at LL sort of level and they want to be licensed to be ready for it. I have never seen anything concrete in writing but an influx of U-20 teams seems to me to be the most probable explanation.

Wish teams would just use this guff as preparation for the Youth Cup for their youth teams. A predictably failed exercise. Obviously still hope we win, but any defeat will be met with a shrug of the shoulders.

Another successful evening of entertainment in the Challenge Cup. Brechin fans fuming at losing to lesser opponents 

Good to see Hamilton Under 20 win against Edinburgh City. City's fans are not bothered which goes to show their ambitions. Stenhousemuir fans were boasting they dont need this cup

Challenge cup is fantastic 

Na it's pish, we never wanted to be in it..

Haha

Home crowd of about 113 at the Rock tonight (including parents and relatives of Sons' players) according to one of our programme sellers on Twitter.

Add that to the 255 at Annan. A mighty 368 turning out to watch the Scottish Giants colts teams.

Doncaster is a fucking weapon.

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Home crowd of about 113 at the Rock tonight (including parents and relatives of Sons' players) according to one of our programme sellers on Twitter.

The Sevco fans have found a vantage point so they didn't have to pay in.

Image result for barbary monkeys gibraltar

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Crowd of 274 at East Stirling v Ayr

I think I've seen bigger crowds for Stirlingshire Cup ties between us and East Stirlingshire. In fact I thin

MARK STEWART HAS JUST SCORED A GOAL AT FOOTBALL

57 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I think I've seen bigger crowds for Stirlingshire Cup ties between us and East Stirlingshire. In fact I thin

MARK STEWART HAS JUST SCORED A GOAL AT FOOTBALL

To be fair we brought190 of the 274.

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

So both Sevco and Celtic Colt teams were papped out in the first round....

But i thought they wanted to have them in the league setup as they were too good for the development league.

Results in this competition will not change the ultimate goal of their introduction into the league system by the powers that be. The challenge cup was a good outlet for teams outwith the Premier League & gave teams that were not going to win a major cup the chance to possibly win a lesser one. The introduction of Colt teams should be seen as a threat to proper clubs places in the league eventually.

So anyway, away from the politics, the last 32 teams in an open draw (other than keeping the foreign sides apart) are:

Linfield

Crusaders

Sligo Wanderers

Bray Wanderers

The New Saints

Conaghs Quay Nomads

Dumbarton

Dundee United

Dunfermline Athletic

Falkirk

Inverness CT

Livingston