New Manager for Albion Rovers

Brian Kerr appointed manager to succeed Darren Young. During his career, Kerr played as a  midfielder for Newcastle United, Coventry City, Livingston, Motherwell, Hibs, Inverness CT, Dundee and Arbroath. Kerr represented Scotland at senior international level, earning three  caps during Beri Vogts' reign as national team manager.

He was in charge of Rovers Development squad last season

Albion Rovers FC are delighted to announce the appointment of Brian Kerr as the club’s new manager. Kerr (36) steps up from his current role as the coach of Rovers Under-20 side. Rovers Chairman Ronnie Boyd said: ‘Brian has done a great job with the under-20 development side, and we are confident he can do an equally good job with our first team ‘Brian played the game at a very high level both north and south of the border and earned three caps for Scotland, but he also knows the demand of Division 1 football.’ The former Newcastle, Motherwell and Hibs midfielder hopes to announce the appointment of an assistant manager later this week. Kerr said: ‘I’m delighted to get the chance to manage Albion Rovers, and I’ll do everything in my power to continue the progress the club has made in recent years. ‘My work will start immediately, as I look to put a squad and backroom staff in place for next season’

Read more: http://arfc.proboards.com/thread/546/new-manager-announced#ixzz4gV6NTVse

I've been impressed with the work Brian has done with the Under 20's and have really enjoyed the number of games I've been along to.

He has a difficult job ahead of him over the summer but I'm sure he will have the backing of the fans.

Beri Vogts' . I think the wee German (Berti)might have deserved the Berry on more than a few occasions and we forgive your excitement in getting out this news.Good to see Rovers get it sorted out early. He will have his job cut out no doubt but I am glad the Rovers stayed in the Division. The next few weeks will determine whether a "Monklands" derby resumes.

Talk of us signing a forward from you guys. Just not sure which one. That could all change with the new manager now in place.

By the sounds of things Mark McGuigan is no longer a Stranraer player. Would you take him back?

Talk of us signing a forward from you guys. Just not sure which one. That could all change with the new manager now in place.
By the sounds of things Mark McGuigan is no longer a Stranraer player. Would you take him back?

Probably Scott McBride or Ryan Wallace

And yes please

10 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Are we unique in football history with our entire clearout of football staff?

The new manager hasnt had a chance to offer contracts yet.... watch this space. 

Stands to reason the new manager will want to offer contracts to those whom he would like to keep on board. He`s been around ARFC for a full season so he will have got to know all the `personalities` involved

Brian Kerr is 35 years old and he wears a diamond stud in his ear.

Also fails to embrace his gingerness.

If he can't appreciate himself how's he going to appreciate his squad of players.

Archived