East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

19 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

I don't understand why Cowden fans are angered by EK only giving them 125 tickets, surely thats enough for all your proper die hards?

The only teams that should be worried about having that many tickets for away fans are Clyde and Stirling, as we're the only teams that will take more than that to EK.

I actually think that 125 seats is generous of them!

Issues for anyone attending - car parking is an absolute mare, need to be there over 30 mins before kick-off to get a space (I'd suggest parking on the road to the pub just along the way). Once in the ground, view isn't great if you're not in the stand when it's a sell-out unless you get in early enough to reach the rail.

Sure I recall the boy from the EK news (who is a glorified EKFC mouthpiece) saying that the 2nd stand at K-Park was going up over the summer, assuming that promotion was achieved. Would bring capacity to ~1000.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck Cowdenbeath hope you stay up you are now one of the form teams in the league I reckon EK would rather have played Berwick, Clyde or Edinburgh if you had brought in Locke and Brown a couple of weeks earlier you would have been fine ..... good luck :thumsup2

19 hours ago, Marr1 said:

IIRC The Minimum size for League 2 is the same as for an entry license - cover for 100, plus floodlights

although @HibeeJibee will probably clarify.

As HJ has indeed clarified, this is correct - for League 1 and League 2 it's an entry level license, which means 100 covered seats minimum, and for Premiership and Championship it's a bronze level license, which means 500 covered seats minimum. The only clubs currently in the SPFL who don't have a Premiership & Championship compliant stadium are Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City.

I get that it's annoying for fans who miss out on games due to a small capacity, but I far prefer the capacity criteria to be set too low than too high as we previously had with the 10000 and 6000 seat rules. Make it as easy as possible for clubs to meet the criteria so that what happens on the pitch determines where teams are rather than stadia, as it should be.

17 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

As HJ has indeed clarified, this is correct - for League 1 and League 2 it's an entry level license, which means 100 covered seats minimum, and for Premiership and Championship it's a bronze level license, which means 500 covered seats minimum. The only clubs currently in the SPFL who don't have a Premiership & Championship compliant stadium are Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City.

Entry level doesn't include seats - just cover. Also floodlights, which is a bronze requirement, are needed for Lge 2.

8 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Entry level doesn't include seats - just cover. Also floodlights needed for Lge 2 which is bronze.

So it is - I just subconsciously interpreted 'covered places' as 'covered seats'!

It's the same for Bronze meaning a club could genuinely build a ground with one 500 capacity covered terrace and go all the way to the Premiership with just that: glorious.

I was aware of the floodlight restrictions but as far as I can see neither the SFA nor SPFL publish a list of who has what level of floodlight licence as the SFA do with the ground as a whole, finance, youth academy etc.

18 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

Which ever way you look at this a tough challenge.

I am sure Gary, Billy & Neil will prepare the side well & we have looked a hungrier more resilient & confident team since their arrival receiving praise from all teams we have faced since as transformed outfit. That said we need everyone individually & collectively to perform to their best as EK are clearly a well set up ambitious team. I am also please to see the players & fans more as one & the travelling support on Saturday were excellent. We now need everyone wo supports the club or cares about it to get to these two games (accepting the away tie restrictions) & get right behind the team on the park.

I really appreciate the messages of support from fans of other clubs on here hopefully see a few of you at Central Park  a week on Saturday nice to see a message from Pat Scullion saying he'll be there backing the Cowden and paying at the gate top man, I'll get a £10 off him too for Club135. A lot of comments here too about us being good enough to win this yes we have the ability of that I'm sure but taking nothing for granted as I sure all at EK believe just as strongly they can succeed.

Time for everyone to get right behind the team over two vital fixtures  sadly my old pal Stuart Juner is no longer with us to rally the troops the way he did magnificently that day at Brechin,  but I am sure he'll be watching down on us & with us in spirit urging us on.

A nervy two weeks ahead but lets keep the faith & remember "there was a Coo................" 

Yes

15 hours ago, The Pacey Winger said:

I'd never want the Albion to go down and drop out the league and given at various times this season, we flirted with that possibility, I have every sympathy with Cowdenbeath supporters.

Ok, Central Park ain't The Emirates but Cowdenbeath were not the worst team I seen play against us by a long way so I'll be supporting the Blue Brazil in the playoffs.

good luck guys

What do you mean Central Park isn't the Emirates?

It's worth saying that all 34 HL & LL clubs actually have covered seats except Vale of Leithen. Well, plus Cove I suppose who haven't got a home at all!

In terms of floodlights I haven't gone to check but my recollection is Bronze are 150 lux and where lights are present at an Entry ground they must be 120 lux - certainly recall 20% difference, anyway. So not drastic difference. All 34 are floodlit except Civil Service Strollers, Selkirk, Vale of Leithen and Whitehill Welfare.

Sure I recall the boy from the EK news (who is a glorified EKFC mouthpiece) saying that the 2nd stand at K-Park was going up over the summer, assuming that promotion was achieved. Would bring capacity to ~1000.

Would that be this story from a distant 18 months ago?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/crowd-capacity-set-double-east-6412116

The EKCT obviously like to take their time.

Reasons to want a Cowden win

1. History - don't like to see clubs lose status

Reasons to want EK to win

1. Better stadium ( with more to come)

2. I spend half my life there already so no big deal to go again.

3. Too many clubs in Fife already, and Cowden are the smallest so no major loss locally - fans can go and see Rovers or Pars

4. Clyde might still merge and move there.

5. If we don't it's another derby

6 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Reasons to want a Cowden win

1. History - don't like to see clubs lose status

Reasons to want EK to win

1. Better stadium ( with more to come)

2. I spend half my life there already so no big deal to go again.

3. Too many clubs in Fife already, and Cowden are the smallest so no major loss locally - fans can go and see Rovers or Pars

4. Clyde might still merge and move there.

5. If we don't it's another derby

Can we?  Ah that's great news.  I'm not bothered now if we win or lose.

I'd quite like to see EK come up and see if they could grow as a club. No offence intended to Cowden fans and I do feel your pain, but Central Park is a horrible place to watch football as an away fan, and Cowden are one of the worst supported teams in the country. It might be good longer term for the lower leagues in EK came up and were able to sustain a league place. Survival of the fittest and all that.

Also that 3-4 comeback game still hurts and will probably hurt until dementia sets in. 

6 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

I'd quite like to see EK come up and see if they could grow as a club. No offence intended to Cowden fans and I do feel your pain, but Central Park is a horrible place to watch football as an away fan, and Cowden are one of the worst supported teams in the country. It might be good longer term for the lower leagues in EK came up and were able to sustain a league place. Survival of the fittest and all that.

Also that 3-4 comeback game still hurts and will probably hurt until dementia sets in. 

This one? :P

7 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Worst this season averaging 345.

Next was Annan on 386, Edinburgh City on 401 and Stranraer on 409.

5 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Worst this season averaging 345.

Next was Annan on 386, Edinburgh City on 401 and Stranraer on 409.

We might well be the worst. I've been at Forfar games where there weren't more than 200 yet quoted 406 (think that's their default ) number.

Archived