East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

1 hour ago, Kierkegaard said:

'Message from the heavens?' Actually, the Pizza restaurant in Inverness deserve a lot of credit; after all, they didn't need to take responsibility for the erratic behaviour of an incontinent bird that wasn't wearing a nappy. By the time I'd sat in the sun for an hour, having consumed two pizzas and two large glasses of vino - at no cost to myself - I was ready for a sleep on the bus...

I'm still finding it hard to take in the fact that we beat EK on penalties! Not only that, every penalty was superbly executed. I was moved by the restrained way the Cowden players behaved in victory. Real dignity and respect. Well done to Gary Locke, Billy Brown and Neil Irvine for their leadership.

By the way, I haven't yet scraped the birdshit off my rucksack. Fundraising idea: let people sniff the holy birdshit for a tenner. It's not quite the Holy Grail, but it comes close to it. You know it makes sense.

Have to agree Ron regarding penalties, I went to the game with a workmate who is a big Hearts fan and funnily enough he went to school with Gary Locke. When it went to penalties I said we are finished and he kept saying keep the faith you will be fine! He will be invited back as he came with us for hospitality when we beat Forfar last season so he must be our lucky charm!

He did point out before the game Gary will have them fired up for this.

Hope Gary can be persuaded to stay as he recognises the importance of connecting with the fans and that's important at small clubs like ours and he has built up a wide range of managerial experience so hopefully can apply lessons learned and is now aware of what leadership works for him and what doesn't

Gary fully deserves to silence his critics and I think he has what it takes to get us promoted out of this league to take the club forward again.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kierkegaard said:

'Message from the heavens?' Actually, the Pizza restaurant in Inverness deserve a lot of credit; after all, they didn't need to take responsibility for the erratic behaviour of an incontinent bird that wasn't wearing a nappy. By the time I'd sat in the sun for an hour, having consumed two pizzas and two large glasses of vino - at no cost to myself - I was ready for a sleep on the bus...

I'm still finding it hard to take in the fact that we beat EK on penalties! Not only that, every penalty was superbly executed. I was moved by the restrained way the Cowden players behaved in victory. Real dignity and respect. Well done to Gary Locke, Billy Brown and Neil Irvine for their leadership.

By the way, I haven't yet scraped the birdshit off my rucksack. Fundraising idea: let people sniff the holy birdshit for a tenner. It's not quite the Holy Grail, but it comes close to it. You know it makes sense.

Your right Ron it was a decent thing for Pizza Express to do they didn't have to as they have no control on what flies above their outside tables:lol: You done not bad out of it though 2 pizzas and 2 large glasses of wine!

I suppose after missing 5 (yes 5 not 6 everyone forget's about Todorov scoring in between Brett and Renton missing) penalties the so called hoodoo had to end sometime and it was well timed, we're Cowden we always do it the hardway.

You should keep that rucksack with the holy birdshit as a reminder of the day we came oh so close, too close hope I never go through that again.

36 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Your right Ron it was a decent thing for Pizza Express to do they didn't have to as they have no control on what flies above their outside tables:lol: You done not bad out of it though 2 pizzas and 2 large glasses of wine!

I suppose after missing 5 (yes 5 not 6 everyone forget's about Todorov scoring in between Brett and Renton missing) penalties the so called hoodoo had to end sometime and it was well timed, we're Cowden we always do it the hardway.

You should keep that rucksack with the holy birdshit as a reminder of the day we came oh so close, too close hope I never go through that again.

Did you say the EKFC TV had a camera behind the goals for the penalties? Been waiting to see the footage, but nowhere to be seen as yet! Usually have their highlights up by now.

Just now, Blueminer said:

Did you say the EKFC TV had a camera behind the goals for the penalties? Been waiting to see the footage, but nowhere to be seen as yet! Usually have their highlights up by now.

They had a behind the goal camera at the game sure it was there for the pens.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

They had a behind the goal camera at the game sure it was there for the pens.

Was looking forward to seeing the penalties from there. Only because we came out on top though:thumsup2

19 hours ago, Kierkegaard said:

'When the shit hit the fan' 

4 hours ago, Blueminer said:

Great highlights package! Thanks and all the best to EK for next season.

1 hour ago, Only coo in the village said:

Yes, very good highlights and the guy doing the commentary and after match analysis was very good.

Aye the EKTV presentation is very good, well done to the guys and girl!

The commentary and after match review was fair and balanced, the 2 folk at the end would have been disappointed with the result but still gave a fair review of the game.

It was 5 penalties in a row we missed by the way!

2 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Yes, very good highlights and the guy doing the commentary and after match analysis was very good.

That would be me. Cheers for the kind words!

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye the EKTV presentation is very good, well done to the guys and girl!

The commentary and after match review was fair and balanced, the 2 folk at the end would have been disappointed with the result but still gave a fair review of the game.

It was 5 penalties in a row we missed by the way!

Well I don't support either club, Just commentate / natter for whoever hires me so I called it as neutral even if it's a club own-production. Could never do the fanzone thing. Obviously an EK focused channel post match at EK leading questions just gave my gut on what I'd seen from both sides. Good idea from the production to take in a pulsating two-legs with a bit of analysis post-game.  Then the next day I did Spartans-BSC Glasgow live coverage. So I just go wherever! :-)

My source earlier in the week gave me 6 pens. (Brett, Renton, Carrick (twice), Mullen and Miller)  However in any case it was some to end a penalty drought.

24 minutes ago, BroadcastCallum said:

Well I don't support either club, Just commentate / natter for whoever hires me so I called it as neutral even if it's a club own-production. Could never do the fanzone thing. Obviously an EK focused channel post match at EK leading questions just gave my gut on what I'd seen from both sides. Good idea from the production to take in a pulsating two-legs with a bit of analysis post-game.  Then the next day I did Spartans-BSC Glasgow live coverage. So I just go wherever! :-)

My source earlier in the week gave me 6 pens. (Brett, Renton, Carrick (twice), Mullen and Miller)  However in any case it was some to end a penalty drought.

Todorov scored a penalty v Montrose 12/11/16. Not sure where that comes in the sequence of penalties though?

Todorov scored a penalty v Montrose 12/11/16. Not sure where that comes in the sequence of penalties though?

It was Brett (missed), Todorov (scored), then Renton, Carrick, Mullen, Carrick, Miller missed - missed 5 in a row and 6 out of 7

4 hours ago, BroadcastCallum said:

Aye enjoyed your efforts Callum never realised your were a neutral. I was over at the game at Ainslie Park on the Sunday just along from where you were doing your stuff.

Everyone has got the penalty stuff wrong!! After Brett missed at Berwick Nickolay Toderov scored the following Saturday v Montrose from the spot. The bad run then started in the next game with Montrose with Renton missing.

Archived