East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

I've seen Renton a few times and wonder if he could do a job at a higher level? Gets pretty shite service and often isolated up front but looks to have decent awareness and touch. 

I know folk think penalties can be a cruel way to finish a tie but the Cowden players showed real bottle and plenty of skill with the way they all seemed so keen to volunteer to take them and with the way they were all tucked away with a bit of panache.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, NotAFan said:

Massive relief today. May have been 1700 there, but disappointingly, made no more noise than on any other week. Battled hard against a good side. Well done Cowden, especially the penalty takers and of course the wee lad in goals. emoji5.png

When 75 per cent of the crowd in the stands haven't been to a game all season, they are just along for a nose as it's an occasion, and they certainly aren't there to make a lot of noise. They wouldn't even know the players names.

Class act from the Cowden. players to immediately go to the EK players instead of celebrating. Feel sorry for EK as they have had an incredible season and deserve a promotion.

Just not at our expense [emoji38]

3 hours ago, Kierkegaard said:

Breaks my heart to disappoint you.

Save your broken heart for next season when you allow Locke to bring in his own players.

After all, it worked out so well for your fellow Raith chums.

982tM5y.png

Well done Cowden.  

I feared the worst when it went to penalties, but as someone noted earlier it was so ironic to score all 5 pens after missing six in a row in previous games.

Hopefully, this nerve-jangling experience will fire the team up to make sure that they don't have to go through the same torture next season.  Would be a pleasant change to go through a nerve-jangling promotion play-off instead.

Archived