East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are EK hated so much? I've heard their manager on the radio after the Buckie game giving it big licks but apart from that don't know too much?

EK, their cheating players and mouthy manager are irrelevant. Cowden will take the game to them on our patch today.

I just hope we go out attacking with the ball on the ground. We have the players to play this way. Buchanan, Carrick, Moore, Muirhead, Miller, even Rooney. Please, no more hoofball. I don't think Renton even likes playing hoofball.

Cmon Cowden.

Looking forward to the game and like the vast majority of neutrals, will be rooting for Cowden; a club with great tradition and a very loyal support. Hopefully celebrations come 15.40

Message received by club today - Hi I write this on behalf of Davie Cairns player and captain during the 70's davie is currently undergoing a triple bypass otherwise he would have been along on Saturday to support the team. He wants me to pass on his best wishes and good luck for Saturdays game give it 120% effort do the simple things well and you will win. Aw the best Davie Cairns

Well, this is it. The Orkney contingent is limbering up in Leith before the march through to Cowdenbeath.

The only fact that matters today: after a pretty dismal season on the park, we can keep our league status if we can win one football match on our own patch. Credit to Gary Locke, Billy Brown and Neil Irvine for re-energising the players. They'll take to the park today with the full backing of the chairman, the board and the fans, and with goodwill from lots of other fans. Roared on by a big crowd, the players must take the game to EK from the first whistle. This afternoon won't be for the faint-hearted, but we need big-hearted players - like Innes Ritchie, who'll be at the game - on the pitch. I think we will get that - and win this crucial match59200532b2537_6.InnesMixuwithcup.jpg.dbb29ddba63a8be1905422faa0b39435.jpg.

6 minutes ago, PRS said:

Looking forward to the game and like the vast majority of neutrals, will be rooting for Cowden; a club with great tradition and a very loyal support. Hopefully celebrations come 15.40

Suspect that more than a few people like to see new clubs entering the league, so skeptical that the vast majority of neutrals really do see it that way. If Cowdenbeath go down they will still have a great tradition and I suspect their support would be as loyal as the Shire's was this past season. The sun will still rise in the morning and life will go on.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Suspect that more than a few people like to see new clubs entering the league, so skeptical that the vast majority of neutrals really do see it that way. If Cowdenbeath go down they will still have a great tradition and I suspect their support would be as loyal as the Shire's was this past season. The sun will still rise in the morning and life will go on.

evidence based on comments here and amongst fans I know, then vast majority will be supporting Cowden, not necessarily all traditionalists but rather that EK don't offer anything positive. Cmon Cowden

9 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Just had a text from Sir Alex Ferguson: "Fingers crossed, Ron, I did notice they were playing today, I'll be rooting for them."

Better inform the players Ron that Sir Alex is keeping an eye on them. They won't want the hairdryer treatment:lol:

50 minutes ago, big al said:

That's brilliant!

Alex Ferguson was one of the earliest fans of Black Diamonds and the Blue Brazil when it first came out. He wrote the foreword to the new, updated edition, with some great memories of Central Park. He has a genuine affection for the Blue Brazil.

When I was a minister in Kirkwall, a young guy in the congregation was struggling with a family bereavement. He was a Man U fan, and I got in touch with Alex, who immediately contacted him and sent him a Ryan Giggs shirt.

Although he's one of the greatest managers in the game, Fergie has never forgotten his roots.

Archived