East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

Sad to see Cowden in this position but so be it. East Kilbride have already beaten Cowden in the cup this season but that was under Fox who has now gladly departed. Under Locke we look a different and more determined and focused team but most Cowden fans will be as worried as I am about the potential  outcome of this.

This is a huge game for both teams for very different reasons. EK are looking to step up into the senior leagues and build a new future. Cowden have well  over a hundred years of history behind them and fear becoming history if they should lose this.

May the best team win but I'd be lying if I said that I was looking forward to this.  

Let battle commence.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect you might have a lot of new fans for the two play off games...not a great place to be in but Central Park will likely be packed for the 2nd leg. 

me..? our record against Kilby in the LL means I look forward to the 12 points each season :lol:

Surely Cowden aren't genuinely in danger of going under in the Lowland League? We're obviously yet to see how the former SPFL clubs cope with Lowland/Highland League finances, but is it that big a drop after the parachute payments stop?

Next season might be tastier if EK come up. Cowden and the Shire battling with the likes of Spartans for the title, while nary a week will pass without offers of square go and exploded craniums in the Clyde threads. Could be more fun than if Bazza had actually managed to take them down.

52 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Surely Cowden aren't genuinely in danger of going under in the Lowland League? We're obviously yet to see how the former SPFL clubs cope with Lowland/Highland League finances, but is it that big a drop after the parachute payments stop?

Next season might be tastier if EK come up. Cowden and the Shire battling with the likes of Spartans for the title, while nary a week will pass without offers of square go and exploded craniums in the Clyde threads. Could be more fun than if Bazza had actually managed to take them down.

If we do go down then we have a hefty  rent to pay for our ground with a dwindling income. We would probably have crowds of about 100 on a good week. 

We aren't down yet though. 

On 8 May 2017 at 02:27, Only coo in the village said:

If we do go down then we have a hefty  rent to pay for our ground with a dwindling income. We would probably have crowds of about 100 on a good week. 

We aren't down yet though. 

Donald won't leave you short of a few quid.

Can't fault EK for their ambition but at the same time would be sad to see Cowdenbeath go down. WTF has happened to them the last couple of season?! 

Good luck to both. Hopefully a cracking couple of games with big crowds there to witness them.

This is the last year of the payment. We got £60k last sesson and this season both us and Cowden will get 20k. Nothing after that for whoever comes down

As a jags fan good luck to the blue brasil. This team from the manager to the players are arrogant cheats tho the refs have helped them out big time us being denied a stone walk pen in both games. The manager gives nobody any respect they right back Fabio Capocino spat on our striker, wrestled wi our manager, the captain proctor dives all over the place . They have 2 really good strikers a Portuguese lad and a lad winters. The supporters we met were actually pretty decent but the team and manager are class less so good luck Cowdenbeath 

The biggest issue we have for the first leg will be left back - unless Rutherford win his appeal then he'll probably be out of this match.  Do we put Gerry in at centre half and move Syme to left back?

We obviously lost to them in the cup but from the starting 11 that day we no longer start/have McGurn, Sives, Ross, O'Brien and Todorov.  Heck even the bench that day had Robertson, Turner and Creaney.  We're a different side in terms of personnel and attitude.  I believe we can do this - our recent form is good and an early goal in the first leg would be one hell of a boost!

We are a vastly different side to the one that lost to this mob in the Scottish Cup, Gary Locke may be a bit of a laughing stock elsewhere but he has done pretty well with us (so far!). I would expect us to come through this two legged tie by a goal or two but it will be tough. The influence of Irvine appears to be important to our mini revival which is great to see. He also will have good knowledge and contacts of EK.

As stated elsewhere it sounds like EK are a shower of scum so hopefully we put them back in their place. Be nice to see a large crowd at CP for the second leg as well.

I fear for Cowden in this game - EK are a class above other sides at the Highland/Lowland level, and are a streetwise group unlike others. Solid in defence too.

As for the Buckie fan saying two pens...I was at K Park at the weekend, and Angus was throwing himself to the ground when a gust hit him. Boy who cried wolf and all that...deserved his second yellow.

Might head along to Central for the decider as a neutral.

12 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

I fear for Cowden in this game - EK are a class above other sides at the Highland/Lowland level, and are a streetwise group unlike others. Solid in defence too.

Fortunately we are also a class above the Highland and Lowland sides so I don't think we have anything to fear.

20 minutes ago, Born To Run said:

As for the Buckie fan saying two pens...I was at K Park at the weekend, and Angus was throwing himself to the ground when a gust hit him. Boy who cried wolf and all that...deserved his second yellow.

Might head along to Central for the decider as a neutral.

They were not a class above us and on Saturday it was a pen and last Saturday we had a stone wall pen 2 feet inside the box and the ref gave a free kick 

Archived