PFA league 1 player of the year

Wid.
Also unsurprising to see people suggest Ryan is better than Buchanan, will most likely go on to be better than Buchanan is but right now Buchanan is definitely the better player. 27 goals this season and has been in holiday mode for the past month, unlucky lads.

Ryan won't go on to be a better player than Buchanan was at his peak. Not even nearly.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan won't go on to be a better player than Buchanan was at his peak. Not even nearly.

Just had a look at Buchanan's career (on the reliable source that is Wikipedia), and I'm struggling to identify at what point he was at his peak.

Just had a look at Buchanan's career (on the reliable source that is Wikipedia), and I'm struggling to identify at what point he was at his peak.

This tbh. Buchanan probably made his biggest impact in the last three seasons, what age is Ryan? If young enough he probably will be better in his peak.

Well comparing the 2 strikers I'd say the best out of the 2 is the one who scored more in a weaker team?

Liam Boyce scored more Premiership goals than the boy Dembele in a far weaker team, are you suggesting he is a better player?

That'll be when he was with us!!!

IMG_1494269233.614479.jpg

39 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Liam Boyce scored more Premiership goals than the boy Dembele in a far weaker team, are you suggesting he is a better player?

Are you trying to suggest Buchanan is better than Andy Ryan. If Buchanan is so good why isn't he signed for next season ?

Andy Ryan can only improve , Buchanan won't get any better now.

I'm suggesting that if not for Sinclair he would of more than deserved poty over dembele but he's obviously not the better player.

Cooper81's just a shite comedic troll. He once argued earlier this season that Airdrie could challenge Livi for the title. I mean Airdrie ffs and now he's saying Ryan's better than Buchs. Unbelievable.

Cooper81's just a shite comedic troll. He once argued earlier this season that Airdrie could challenge Livi for the title. I mean Airdrie ffs and now he's saying Ryan's better than Buchs. Unbelievable.

To be fair no one on our side listens to Cooper81 either.

Could go round in circles on this argument - both had fantastic seasons.

23 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

To be fair no one on our side listens to Cooper81 either.

Could go round in circles on this argument - both had fantastic seasons.

Just shows that giving a PotY to the top scorer in the league can backfire if the award is decided prematurely.  

IMO it's an utterly pointless award like all these things and only village idiots would argue over them.

Buchanan played a few games for us a few years ago after he was out of the game injured for a bit.   He wasn't a shadow of the player he previously was nor the player he again became.

Unbelievable thread. Filled with the usual from Livvi supporters...and Cooper81. 

Andy Ryan is 22 and was top scorer in the league for a sh1te team. To write him off in terms of what he may go on to do is unbelievable stupid. While Buchanan is clearly a good player he's hardly Messi. Ryan would what? Pretty much have to carve out a reasonable career scoring regularly in the lower leagues to equal his achievements? I'm pretty sure he'll manage that. 

32 minutes ago, Airdrie1977 said:

Just shows that giving a PotY to the top scorer in the league can backfire if the award is decided prematurely.  

The votes are cast in April, about 90% of the season played, hardly premature.

Archived