PFA league 1 player of the year

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should have been Andy Ryan's award. One way to look at it: would Livingston still have won the title without Liam Buchanan or Danny Mullen? Probably. Would Alloa Athletic finished in second place without Jordan Kirkpatrick? Perhaps. Would Airdrieonians have won a play-off place without Andy Ryan? No chance.

Pound for pound he's been the most important player to any team in this division and he should have been recognised nationally for it. Fair play to Liam Buchanan but it's Andy Ryan for me.

It's not an award for most important player it's an award for best player and that's why liam buchanan has won

Well comparing the 2 strikers I'd say the best out of the 2 is the one who scored more in a weaker team?

Look at all these Fannies suggesting Andy Ryan should have beat the main event. Buchanan fired the Amber Machine to the title all Ryan done was score a few goals for a pub team. Cute really.

49 minutes ago, T-zero said:

Well comparing the 2 strikers I'd say the best out of the 2 is the one who scored more in a weaker team?

Buchanan scored the most in a team he had competition in, which is much harder to do. Our 98 goals this season were spread out through the team yet Buchs got  27 of them. A truly worthy winner.8)

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

It should have been Andy Ryan's award. One way to look at it: would Livingston still have won the title without Liam Buchanan or Danny Mullen? Probably. Would Alloa Athletic finished in second place without Jordan Kirkpatrick? Perhaps. Would Airdrieonians have won a play-off place without Andy Ryan? No chance.

Pound for pound he's been the most important player to any team in this division and he should have been recognised nationally for it. Fair play to Liam Buchanan but it's Andy Ryan for me.

Yeah take out every teams best striker/goal scorer except Airdrie's and it wouldn't have made any difference to their league position, good one.

Wid.

Also unsurprising to see people suggest Ryan is better than Buchanan, will most likely go on to be better than Buchanan is but right now Buchanan is definitely the better player. 27 goals this season and has been in holiday mode for the past month, unlucky lads.

Archived