Country Skit for Scotland

Creative minds unite! 

This might be as random as a new topic can be but I'm in need of some help to put together a creative, funny, short skit about Scotland. It has to be appropriate for kids (8-16 years). I already have bagpipe and ceilidh skits and a rendition of 'Ye Canny Shove Yer Granny' sorted, but I'd love to hear some of your ideas as well. 

Thanks! 

I can recall, almost a childhood memory, but now indelible image of Stanley Baxter doing a wonderful parody of Kenneth McKeller's Song of the Clyde.

Baxter's version was The Pong of the Clyde, and it featured him singing the song but with a dog in the background, which was engrossed in a mixture of scratching, wiping, and licking its arse.

I've searched and searched but cannot find a clip of this sketch anywhere.

2 hours ago, monthefife said:

Creative minds unite! 

This might be as random as a new topic can be but I'm in need of some help to put together a creative, funny, short skit about Scotland. It has to be appropriate for kids (8-16 years). I already have bagpipe and ceilidh skits and a rendition of 'Ye Canny Shove Yer Granny' sorted, but I'd love to hear some of your ideas as well. 

Thanks! 

Think solvent abuse, that should get you started.

13 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I can recall, almost a childhood memory, but now indelible image of Stanley Baxter doing a wonderful parody of Kenneth McKeller's Song of the Clyde.

Baxter's version was The Pong of the Clyde, and it featured him singing the song but with a dog in the background, which was engrossed in a mixture of scratching, wiping, and licking its arse.

I've searched and searched but cannot find a clip of this sketch anywhere.

Pity. It would put the fans of a certain Cumbernauld based team who come out to "Song of the Clyde" in their rightful place! 

Creative minds unite! 
Thanks! 

Surely Oor Willie and The Broons have to be included if it's for kids?

Archived