Spent the vast majority of the game singing about Bobby Sands and the IRA.

I work in the stadium so I was there for the full 90 - unlike most of your fans - and not once did I hear anything that sounded pro-IRA. Maybe instead of trying to needlessly feed your superiority complex by trying to score points over a bunch of fans for singing, you should probably just focus on your own team and their problems at present?

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there for the 90 minutes as well and heard plenty IRA songs, not something I've heard in years from Celtic fans but then again it's been a long time since I've sat that close 

You're either lying or naive 

I have absolutely no reason to make it up and have no desire to debate it further 

Just calling it as I see it 

25 minutes ago, lewisnorthfield said:

Best thing about this game was hearing my die hard Aberdeen supporting step-dad left after 15 minutes. After days of him taunting and goading me for 'being a plastic tim'

Even better, Just Can't Get Enough came on the radio on the car ride home. He got a little backseat rendition of that emoji23.png

You are a disgrace to your family.

4 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

I was there for the 90 minutes as well and heard plenty IRA songs, not something I've heard in years from Celtic fans but then again it's been a long time since I've sat that close 

You're either lying or naive 

I have absolutely no reason to make it up and have no desire to debate it further 

Just calling it as I see it 

You are having a 'mare here.

What you describe didnt happen no matter how many times you try and claim it, give it a rest.

Like i've already stated, both of us and others know you've just made this up to have a wee dig at the big bad sellick supporters.

Better luck next time.

2 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

You are having a 'mare here.

What you describe didnt happen no matter how many times you try and claim it, give it a rest.

Like i've already stated, both of us and others know you've just made this up to have a wee dig at the big bad sellick supporters.

Better luck next time.

It did happen 

Carry on though, have a nice weekend 

1425_3.jpg

46 minutes ago, lewisnorthfield said:

Best thing about this game was hearing my die hard Aberdeen supporting step-dad left after 15 minutes. After days of him taunting and goading me for 'being a plastic tim'

Even better, Just Can't Get Enough came on the radio on the car ride home. He got a little backseat rendition of that emoji23.png

Tony? 

But let me just ask you one question. If Aberdeen had won, would you even care if they had sang them in the first place?

3 minutes ago, lewisnorthfield said:

But let me just ask you one question. If Aberdeen had won, would you even care if they had sang them in the first place?

I don't care now, I'm just passing comment 

Just noticed a comment on the BBC Scotland website from McInnes saying that with the chances they had, Aberdeen would have won if they hadn't shipped 3 goals inside 11 minutes!

What an incredible insight into the game this man possesses. Even with that,  I'm not sure he is strictly correct with that summation.

Utter made up shite.
I was there in the middle of the away section and there was one half hearted rendition of 'Boys of the old brigade'* in the first half which was the only song from the naughty list which was aired all night so stop lying.
Nothing like making a lazy sweeping generalisation so have a wee dig.

*although id agree it is completely irrelevant and shouldnt be sung at football its actually about the easter rising of 1916 in Dublin, not about the provisional IRA who, along with other paramilitary organisations bombed, maimed and killed throughout the 'troubles', a lot of people get all offended and on their high horse about it just assuming the wrong meaning of the song although, as I stated earlier it is still nothing to do with Celtic and id rather it wasnt sung at all.

Sorry, but from my seat in the main stand, I got the impression that Aberdeen were playing a team called IRA.
Sad and pathetic, when even opposing fans have to acknowledge there areso many positives about Celtic.

What a start to the game the first 15 minutes set up the rest of the game, from a Celtic point of view the game was finished after 12 minutes but got to give Aberdeen credit for making the rest of the game entertaining was a throw back to just getting the ball into the box and winning the second ball every time it was cleared,for me Celtic never had control of the game at any time,Aberdeen have good footballers and the direct play suited them better than it did Celtic,the final will be a different game but after 5 defeats this season Aberdeen mite have found a way of making it interesting.

That's the last three home games where concession of a goal has led to defensive capitulation - that part of our team starting to be exposed and major summer surgery needed.

The 'blessing in disguise' where the final is concerned is that getting one back quickly just meant the shackles came off, and having a real go showed a couple of things that offered a ray of hope for the 27th.

Boyata is better than in the opponents' box than his own - and Simunovic doesn't cope well with decent movement, and neither enjoyed playing against Stockley, who offered much more than Rooney would have.

Celtic can rip anyone in this league apart, but they're far from perfect - albeit maybe Brown's absence made them a bit more soft-centred in this one.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Utter made up shite.

I was there in the middle of the away section and there was one half hearted rendition of 'Boys of the old brigade'* in the first half which was the only song from the naughty list which was aired all night so stop lying.

Nothing like making a lazy sweeping generalisation so have a wee dig.

*although id agree it is completely irrelevant and shouldnt be sung at football its actually about the easter rising of 1916 in Dublin, not about the provisional IRA who, along with other paramilitary organisations bombed, maimed and killed throughout the 'troubles', a lot of people get all offended and on their high horse about it just assuming the wrong meaning of the song although, as I stated earlier it is still nothing to do with Celtic and id rather it wasnt sung at all.

Magee84.....

I work in the stadium so I was there for the full 90 - unlike most of your fans - and not once did I hear anything that sounded pro-IRA. Maybe instead of trying to needlessly feed your superiority complex by trying to score points over a bunch of fans for singing, you should probably just focus on your own team and their problems at present?

You work at Pittodrie and you support Celtic?

Fucking scumbag. Get the bus to Glasgow and dish out the pies in Parkhead.

Just as an adjunct to all this IRA stuff. Years ago I attended a Hearts vs Celtic match at Tynecastle. I happened to be in with the Celtic supporters. Some guy came round with a collection tin for the IRA. This was in the days of open terracing. However I have long suspected that any money collected was more likely to be spent on IPA rather than make its way across the sea. Any Celtic supporters remember these characters?

30 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

You work at Pittodrie and you support Celtic?

Fucking scumbag. Get the bus to Glasgow and dish out the pies in Parkhead.

Pies are much better at Pittodrie to be fair, scotch pies with gravy through them, lovely 8)

Archived