Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Devlin away, there'll be a fair bit of interest in him throughout the Championship I'd imagine.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Big Dean Keenan just tweeted that we've made a "huge signing" but now looking at his page it appears he's deleted the tweet.

Dunno what's happening

Deano's pretty good at getting people going on social media. Will definitely be a piss-take!

Deano's pretty good at getting people going on social media. Will definitely be a piss-take!

Wouldn't be surprised if it was but doesn't make sense to then just delete it. He did put out a tweet about Trouten signing before it was officially announced so who knows.

I'll only believe it once Graeme Miller teases us #imminent

Best guess is that he has signed for Dundee Utd and they are waiting until after the playoffs to announce it.  Puzzled as to why we don't get a transfer fee given he is under 24.  File it under the generic "wee clubs always get shafted" rule.

1 minute ago, Mgc1910 said:

Ah, so the under 24 thing only applies if they came through the youth team.  Geggan and Moffat signing will soften the blow.  Obviously.

No - see above.

1 minute ago, Joma Boo said:

Yeah, compensation is payable up until the season the player turns 23.

Applies to all clubs.

Aye, but I still don't think it would apply with Devlin with us say he was 22 still. I'm sure (could be wrong) they have to have been trained by the club, like Conway was with us and like Forrest/McGuffie/Crawford.

57 minutes ago, rb123! said:

https://rangers.co.uk/talent/nicky-devlin/

According to that he's signed for Rangers.

48 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Dunno what that is on the Rangers site because Crawford, Fleming, Donald and Campbell are on it, might just be a database of players.

It is, aye. Think it records every single player to play against Rangers. Weird thing to have.

https://rangers.co.uk/talent/garry-fleming/

Archived