Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That's the kind of scoreline that only occurs if you play FIFA on Amateur setting. :lol:

I'm quite sure we could get a scoreline like that if we turned up for 90 minutes on a regular basis.

Could easily have been much closer to 20-0 tonight. What is worrying for Clyde is that they apparently had a couple of first teamers playing. Docherty, Crawford and McGuffie all played for 55 minutes or so, and seem to have come through unscathed.

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm sure Raith fans take it on shifts to man Ayr threads so that any time someone posts a joke or an exaggerated remark they can pounce armed with a shite gif or emoji

Obsessed with the biggest club in the league. Disappointing but expected.

22 hours ago, forzamorton said:

Evening guys, 

I'm currently writing my dissertation and, surprise surprise, it's about football. Could you please spare one minute and complete this survey. Thanks.

https://s.surveyplanet.com/SJukevuPf 

Filled up a wee bit of my journey home. 

10 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

So the scorer of the 100th goal gets a hundred quid and an overnight stay in a spectacular Woodland Lodge with complimentary champagne. Don't tell the Airdrie players or they'll be  chucking it in the net.

Probably sound like a bit of a dick making something out of nothing, and tbh I don’t really care, it’s a generous offer. But I’m surprised this kind of thing is actually allowed in the rules, as it affects things like betting and potentially how we play as players may be inclined, even subconsciously, to be a bit more greedy and have shots when there is a teammate in a better position etc (not that I think anyone would tbh).

More just the principle around offering these things. That being said just as I was about to post thought about goal bonuses in contracts so actually I’m talking shite. Carry on.

Probably sound like a bit of a dick making something out of nothing, and tbh I don’t really care, it’s a generous offer. But I’m surprised this kind of thing is actually allowed in the rules, as it affects things like betting and potentially how we play as players may be inclined, even subconsciously, to be a bit more greedy and have shots when there is a teammate in a better position etc (not that I think anyone would tbh).
More just the principle around offering these things. That being said just as I was about to post thought about goal bonuses in contracts so actually I’m talking shite. Carry on.

I don’t particularly agree with it and don’t think it’s a very good idea.

Goal bonuses a bit different as it doesn’t hinge on scoring the first goal in a game.

Must say I agree, it's a pointless offer and a bit of a distraction when we just need to focus on the win. The 100th goal could be scored by anyone, but it's a team game and they win and lose together. Would prefer if they gave the whole squad a bonus and a night away somewhere for winning the league rather than to one player who just happened to score the 100th goal.

Archived