Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Think he only got the one goal for us. A screamer to put us 1-0 up away to Morton. He's probably best remembered for missing an absoulote sitter away to Raith Rovers, had he scored that we would of got a massive 3 points.
I think he'll actually do quite well for you gus. You'd think this is probably his last chance to prove himself to Partick Thistle and Stevie Aitken strikes me as being a really good man manager compared to McCall.

Also scored on his debut down at Palmerston in the 4-1 game where Dobbie ripped us apart.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I know he was pretty dreadful for you lot, but what sort of player is Kevin Nisbet?

I actually thought he was okay, as mentioned above his goal at Morton was a belter and would have been priceless had we not then carried out our usual Cappielow bottlejob. I hate judging players based on one incident so I'm prepared to forgive him for it, but his miss at Stark's genuinely has to be seen to be believed. He won't scrap for you but the ability is there.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Thanks guys, you've genuinely cheered me up a wee bit with those comments. Our striking options are so limited at the moment that he's beginning to sound like a decent enough option.

Not wanting to pop your bubble, but watch from 3:05...

Thanks guys, you've genuinely cheered me up a wee bit with those comments. Our striking options are so limited at the moment that he's beginning to sound like a decent enough option.

I though he wasn't bad mate .as someone said earlier missed a total sitter away to raith which could of gave us an important 3 points .after that our fans were on his back all the time and think he fell out wae mccall .

55 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I know he was pretty dreadful for you lot, but what sort of player is Kevin Nisbet?

There's a player in there, not convinced he'll come out at a team fighting relegation.

Am I nuts or did we end up having to play Lochee on a Monday afternoon just to get the game played after umpteen postponements?

Think it was a Wednesday with an early kick off because they had no floodlights. Had been postponed about 5 times? When I walked up the hill and saw the pitch I got the fear! Friendly bunch of folk at the club.

Seemed quite deep lying for a forward. Jamie ran beyond him often...

His two goals were brilliant though

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Anything in the AP this week?

No mention of signings but did say Geggan will hopefully be back for Saturday. 

51 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Usually no oot till this afternoon mate

AP now comes out on a Tuesday. 

Was just having a swatch at the fixtures there, after the QP game on Saturday we have of 4 consecutive home games (3 in the league and 1 in the cup). 

Our home form obviously hasn’t been as good as our Away and we need to rectify it. I’d say we need at least 7/9 from our next 3 home games ( Alloa, East Fife, Airdrie) 9/9 would be outstanding. 

Archived