Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

Adams acted like a dick at that incident, and not for the first time. We know that. Had Barr not deliberately barged him there's no incident to even talk about.

Perhaps in Buchanan's world hounding a ref left right and centre is on the right side of professionalism. Maybe it is and the brass need to address that.

I'm sure, of course, that Buchanan in all his years of playing football has never, ever, tried to gain advantages, particularly as a striker. Defo the modern day Gary Linekar.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

No he’s saying he’s clearly not ready. Look at the stick that Hart got for his mistakes. A guy even sent him a message telling him not to bother playing ffs.

That’s enough to destroy your confidence especially if you’re only a young guy just starting out.

If Avci has played and made a mistake 100% McCall would’ve got stuck for playing him.

Yes he would have got stick but would that stick have been worse than what we have already seen? Can’t remember watching a player thats fucked up as many times as Hart and not earned a seat on the bench. Still rate Hart but he should have been taken out the spotlight a while ago and made to earn his way back. Our keeper shouldn’t be the busiest player in some of our games so don’t see why Avici couldn’t have got a run out. The fans were fairly patient with Hart for a while and then turned on him. Now we probably have two pissed off goalies for different reasons. 

30 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Yes he would have got stick but would that stick have been worse than what we have already seen? Can’t remember watching a player thats fucked up as many times as Hart and not earned a seat on the bench. Still rate Hart but he should have been taken out the spotlight a while ago and made to earn his way back. Our keeper shouldn’t be the busiest player in some of our games so don’t see why Avici couldn’t have got a run out. The fans were fairly patient with Hart for a while and then turned on him. Now we probably have two pissed off goalies for different reasons. 

Come on now :lol:.  Folk were tagging him in stuff telling him to f**k off in September. 

26 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Come on now :lol:.  Folk were tagging him in stuff telling him to f**k off in September. 

Didn’t see that but heard the same thing happened after the Arbroath game. Was going off the abuse being dished out from the terraces. 

6 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

No he’s saying he’s clearly not ready. Look at the stick that Hart got for his mistakes. A guy even sent him a message telling him not to bother playing ffs.

That’s enough to destroy your confidence especially if you’re only a young guy just starting out.

If Avci has played and made a mistake 100% McCall would’ve got stuck for playing him.

If he's not good enough to play he shouldn't be on the bench, that's as simple as it is for me.

If he's not good enough to play he shouldn't be on the bench, that's as simple as it is for me.

Is there not a rule somewhere that requires two goalkeepers in the squad?

Even if there’s not we had no other backup so we would’ve been fucked if Hart got injured and we couldn’t bring a goalie on.

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

He's a grown man and can make his own decisions on if he wants to stay or leave. Having his sister posting tears and snotters on social media or his dad wading in to the managers office to tell him he should be playing would be utterly embarrassing and I'd be fuming if that happened to me. Imagine the stick you'd get at training.

Why would a father need to wade into the managers office, he'd just need to tell the boy Ayr wasn't the club for him.

I remember telling Gary Miller' dad to get his boy out of Ayr ASAP, the boy had a decent career after getting out of the hellhole that was AUFC back then.

1 minute ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Is there not a rule somewhere that requires two goalkeepers in the squad?

Even if there’s not we had no other backup so we would’ve been fucked if Hart got injured and we couldn’t bring a goalie on.

Surely we'd be fucked any way if he's that shite.

Surely we'd be fucked any way if he's that shite.

You’d like to think he’d be more capable than another outfield player.

I never said he was shite but he clearly isn’t ready for a first team match. I also don’t agree with just randomly throwing young players onto the pitch especially now when just about every game is a must win.

If we’re in a situation where we’re 3 or 4 up and you want to bring one or two on like we did against Stranraer that’s fine but I don’t think they should be starting matches unless there is no other options.

2 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

You’d like to think he’d be more capable than another outfield player.

I never said he was shite but he clearly isn’t ready for a first team match. I also don’t agree with just randomly throwing young players onto the pitch especially now when just about every game is a must win.

If we’re in a situation where we’re 3 or 4 up and you want to bring one or two on like we did against Stranraer that’s fine but I don’t think they should be starting matches unless there is no other options.

He's shite for our level if Hart can do as he pleases.

A decent keeper from the 1st kick and we'd be well clear, as it is, we'll probably be here next season.

Higging out for 6 to 9 months in  the AP.  Sounds like McCall wants McGuffie to go out on loan, mentions a young player who has a big future ahead for the club but needs to play games. Assume it's McGuffie anyway.

He’s going to Stranraer I think.

Hopefully he signs in time to bang a winner against Raith on Saturday.

53 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Why would a father need to wade into the managers office, he'd just need to tell the boy Ayr wasn't the club for him.

I remember telling Gary Miller' dad to get his boy out of Ayr ASAP, the boy had a decent career after getting out of the hellhole that was AUFC back then.

Obviously you'd want what you think is best for your son, but it's not really a case of you telling him what you (someone not involved in football/the running of their club, so admittedly not the best judge of what's best your them in this case) think and them accepting it. It's their choice.

1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

He’s going to Stranraer I think.

Hopefully he signs in time to bang a winner against Raith on Saturday.

Or more likely with instructions from McCall just to kick seven colours of shite out of anything that moves?

Or more likely with instructions from McCall just to kick seven colours of shite out of anything that moves?

Jeezo it’s now Wednesday and you’re still raging about that.

Literally couldn’t care less if our players were overly physical or dirty.

Archived