Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

With Higgins being out this has maybe forced McCalls hand over the goalkeeper. Much of our bad defending has come from high balls and a lack of presence in the box. Hopefully someone that’s 6’5 will have less problems dealing with these. 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pal at work is an Oldham fan and when I dropped the Jack Ruddy bomb his initial response was “rubbish” but as he elaborated he backtracked somewhat and felt it would have been difficult playing in that struggling side before John Sheridan was sacked. New manager wanted someone else in.

Clear as mud. Good luck to the lad if he arrives.

9 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Having signed this new Keeper that will be you boys bask at full strength, for tomorrow then?

No. Geggan, Docherty, Crawford, Gilmour and Higgins all long term injuries  with Rose and McGuffie 50/50.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Pish - would far rather Gilmour was available than having to play Faulds or drop Moffat back in there.

To be fair I’d much rather see Faulds given a go, but will never happen under McCall. He’d get a loan signing in from another teams youth academy. If Rose is out tomorrow I’d have Bell CB with Faulds and Adams CM.

To be fair I’d much rather see Faulds given a go, but will never happen under McCall. He’d get a loan signing in from another teams youth academy. If Rose is out tomorrow I’d have Bell CB with Faulds and Adams CM.

Faulds is not ready for this type of game and fortunately for us McCall realises this. Thankfully you ain't our manager!

Based on the horrendous abuse a youngster in Jordan Hart has been getting for making some errors, it's probably a bad time to be blooding youngsters at the moment sadly. Faulds was already getting stick within 30 mins from the North Terrace on Saturday. Last thing he needs is to be the latest scapegoat if he starts tomorrow and has a poor game.

It's also worth noting that Ruddy is the first loan signing (young or old) we have brought in this season - and we must have given game time to 7 or 8 of our own academy players over the first half of the season.

Based on the horrendous abuse a youngster in Jordan Hart has been getting for making some errors, it's probably a bad time to be blooding youngsters at the moment sadly. Faulds was already getting stick within 30 mins from the North Terrace on Saturday. Last thing he needs is to be the latest scapegoat if he starts tomorrow and has a poor game.

Get a grip man. Hart has been a disaster all season I don't care what age he is, if he keeps making clangers he should be dropped just like anyone else. I'm not an advocate of shouting abuse but he is long over due sitting on the bench.

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Never heard Faulds getting any stick on Saturday from the NT. Doesn't mean there wasn't any though, just yet again you were uniquely placed to hear it.

Get a grip man. Hart has been a disaster all season I don't care what age he is, if he keeps making clangers he should be dropped just like anyone else. I'm not an advocate of shouting abuse but he is long over due sitting on the bench.

I totally agree he needs dropped and thats why I'm in favour of signing Ruddy. What bit of my point don't you agree with? He's a young guy being picked by a manager, and has fans on Saturday screaming at him "f**k off ya wee arsehole". Doesn't seem a great time to be blooding youngsters if we don't have to.

Never heard Faulds getting any stick on Saturday from the NT. Doesn't mean there wasn't any though, just yet again you were uniquely placed to hear it.

No sure what you mean "yet again i was uniquely placed to hear it"? Don't think i've commented anything about hearing abuse all season until tonight unless i'm forgetting something!

For what it's worth I don't know if he's ready for a start or not as i've only seen him briefly off the bench twice and it's hard to judge. I hope he is though as i'd rather have someone in their proper position if possible rather than having to put Moff back

8 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

With Ruddy signing and starting I'll suppose we'll find out if Hart actually has been a disaster or if it is a case of him not having enough protection from the defence as some claim.

The thing about Hart is that I can't  really remember him being under any kind of sustained pressure in the matches I've seen, having to pull off save after save until one or two go in. In fact, struggling to remember any saves of note he's pulled off, seems like it's been a case of two or three shots on target, two or three goals.

Archived