Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

27 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What pub?

Next Sunday?

Aye, a week today. I'll put the word out when I'm sure it's happening. Shan't go public on revealing my pub location for fear of rivals firebombing the joint.

I jest.

Watch this space.. (will only be of interest to the utterly obsessed btw)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sci-fi said:

Anyone else notice Jordan Hart's comedy fake drop of the trophy? Really nice self effacing /GIRUY moment.

Was weirdly chilled all yesterday, had convinced myself that the only was we would win the league was if I made it as surreal as possible so took the weans and sat in the family stand with Open All Mics in one ear and screaming weans in the other. Literally took the hit for THE TEAM. Am finally celebrating properly today.

Would like to echo the thanks to other team's fans for their congratulations, what a ridiculous season. Not sure I could be quite as magnanimous if I was a Raith fan, so absolutely fair play to you.

Glasgow based Ayr fans - you might want to come to my pub this time next week....

I'll be there ;)

22 minutes ago, sci-fi said:

Aye, a week today. I'll put the word out when I'm sure it's happening. Shan't go public on revealing my pub location for fear of rivals firebombing the joint.

I jest.

Watch this space.. (will only be of interest to the utterly obsessed btw)

Is Lawrence Shankland making a special guest appearance singing my boy lollipop?

Ever felt that you have been hit by a train, but you remember the train was the Ayr United title winning train, mixed with copious amounts of alcohol and numerous renditions of old school tunes with modern day lyrics such as 'we love shankland' and 'moffat your the one'?

26 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Is Lawrence Shankland making a special guest appearance singing my boy lollipop?

Was just planning on getting high on my own supply but if Sir Lawrence pops in - all the better...

Anyone else notice Jordan Hart's comedy fake drop of the trophy? Really nice self effacing /GIRUY moment.
Was weirdly chilled all yesterday, had convinced myself that the only was we would win the league was if I made it as surreal as possible so took the weans and sat in the family stand with Open All Mics in one ear and screaming weans in the other. Literally took the hit for THE TEAM. Am finally celebrating properly today.
Would like to echo the thanks to other team's fans for their congratulations, what a ridiculous season. Not sure I could be quite as magnanimous if I was a Raith fan, so absolutely fair play to you.
Glasgow based Ayr fans - you might want to come to my pub this time next week....

Yeah, that was utterly brilliant from Hart.

13 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

IMG_1525015828.157711.jpg

Congrats Ayr. I see the ferry patter has cottoned on.

The big man's always switched on.

Probably pushes the weans out the road when the tea's out.

Yeah, that was utterly brilliant from Hart.

Like many players, you could see it meant something to him. I’m pleased he returned to the team, takes a lot of mental strength to recover from the mistakes/set backs he’s had.

2 hours ago, sci-fi said:

Keep me posted!!

Lawrence Shankland may have scored hunners of goals but someone swiped my hat in Furys last night and he chased them to get it back. 

Heroic :wub:

39 minutes ago, the west curve said:

I noticed that Ayr had reduced the prices to a tenner and a fiver for the title decider. Did Somerset end up with a full house as a result?

When’s the trophy presentation for the top 6 m9?

I noticed that Ayr had reduced the prices to a tenner and a fiver for the title decider. Did Somerset end up with a full house as a result?

It would have been packed if we had not fucked it up at alloa .I know loads of folk that didn't bother going ..get it up them I say

Lawrence Shankland may have scored hunners of goals but someone swiped my hat in Furys last night and he chased them to get it back. 

Heroic :wub:

He didn't catch the girl that made off with my spectacles. Think i'll be off the Dragon Soop for a while...

26 minutes ago, wuffster said:

He didn't catch the girl that made off with my spectacles. Think i'll be off the Dragon Soop for a while...

:lol: hope you have a spare pair mate

Our wee sand buckets were class though!

IMG_20180429_010746.jpg

45 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

It would have been packed if we had not fucked it up at alloa .I know loads of folk that didn't bother going ..get it up them I say

Too right. Fucking fair weather fans get on my tits. Serves every one of them right.

Archived