Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brilliant that we go up on the back of a Jordan Hart clean sheet.

Was absolutely stunned Moore wasn't given offside at the first goal given the far side linesman's desperation to wave his flag up to that stage.

Nerves started to kick in at the beginning of the second half after assuming raith were going to win up until that point. Unbelievable experience. Great day all round.

Loved Jordan’s reaction yesterday. Delighted for him. He was solid again, as he has been every game since he came back (even claiming some crosses) Impressive to come back into the team the way he did.

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Turns out Raith hit the post with the last kick of the ball, which would have been in that time the players were waiting to hear the result. That doesn't bear thinking about.

Nah, makes it all the better.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Come on now, at least be realistic.

You've never went 3 days without moaning in your life! emoji33.pngemoji8.png

True but only on here, I'm not a moaner about anything in life other than Ayr United, Chumbawamba's Tubthumping was made for me.

Congratulations Ayr United. After your exit in the Diddy Cup, courtesy of the Mo, you'll doubtless be relieved you don't have to play us in the league next season. Maybe not: but all the best in any case.

Kind of disappointed the season is over so early! 92 goals in the league and some tremendous days out. Let's get the season tickets on sale NOW and maximise the buzz and goodwill generated yesterday. For once lets do everything in our power to stay in the league. Cannae wait!

Anyone else notice Jordan Hart's comedy fake drop of the trophy? Really nice self effacing /GIRUY moment.

Was weirdly chilled all yesterday, had convinced myself that the only was we would win the league was if I made it as surreal as possible so took the weans and sat in the family stand with Open All Mics in one ear and screaming weans in the other. Literally took the hit for THE TEAM. Am finally celebrating properly today.

Would like to echo the thanks to other team's fans for their congratulations, what a ridiculous season. Not sure I could be quite as magnanimous if I was a Raith fan, so absolutely fair play to you.

Glasgow based Ayr fans - you might want to come to my pub this time next week....

Anyone else notice Jordan Hart's comedy fake drop of the trophy? Really nice self effacing /GIRUY moment.
Was weirdly chilled all yesterday, had convinced myself that the only was we would win the league was if I made it as surreal as possible so took the weans and sat in the family stand with Open All Mics in one ear and screaming weans in the other. Literally took the hit for THE TEAM. Am finally celebrating properly today.
Would like to echo the thanks to other team's fans for their congratulations, what a ridiculous season. Not sure I could be quite as magnanimous if I was a Raith fan, so absolutely fair play to you.
Glasgow based Ayr fans - you might want to come to my pub this time next week....
What pub?

Next Sunday?

Archived